Re: [Doepfer_a100] Adding CV to A-145 LFO

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2, 2001
      Hi Ethan

      > I'm considering drilling a hole across from the "reset in" an an A-
      > 145 LFO to add CV to the Freq. Does anyone know if adding CV to the
      > A-145 LFO is feasible?
      I do not have the A-100 schematics here in the office, but the standard LFO
      circuit used in most of analogue synths (which is used also in the A145 - as far
      as I remember) does not allow this.

      Florian Anwander |ConSol* HP-Support
      Tel. +49.89.45841-133 |Consulting&Solutions Software GmbH
      Fax +49.89.45841-139 |Franziskanerstr. 38, D-81669 M√ľnchen
      email: florian.anwander@... |http://www.consol.de
    • Rhen, Kris
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 2, 2001
        Actually in theory, any analog circuit which has a pot can be changed to CV
        control. All a pot is is a voltage divider, so applying the proper voltave
        across the divider has the same effect. I'm considering lots of mods to my
        A100 in this regard. Now if I can only find the time :-)
        KRIS

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 2, 2001
          --- In Doepfer_a100@y..., "Rhen, Kris" <krhen@s...> wrote:
          > Actually in theory, any analog circuit which has a pot can be
          > changed to CV control. All a pot is is a voltage divider, so
          > applying the proper voltave across the divider has the same
          > effect. I'm considering lots of mods to my

          Do you know if the voltage that passes through the pot is the same as
          the output of the A-145 LFO? Would I have to convert the the input
          to the proper voltage, or could I just wire a jack in place of the
          pot? or even use the pot as a CV attenuator...

          Thanks,

          Ethan
        • Rhen, Kris
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 2, 2001
            > --- In Doepfer_a100@y..., "Rhen, Kris" <krhen@s...> wrote:
            > > Actually in theory, any analog circuit which has a pot can be
            > > changed to CV control. All a pot is is a voltage divider, so
            > > applying the proper voltave across the divider has the same
            > > effect. I'm considering lots of mods to my
            >
            > Do you know if the voltage that passes through the pot is the same as
            > the output of the A-145 LFO? Would I have to convert the the input
            > to the proper voltage, or could I just wire a jack in place of the
            > pot? or even use the pot as a CV attenuator...

            They don't really have to be related in any way (Vpot = VlFOoutput and most
            likely not). Put a voltmeter across it and turn the pot to the min and max.
            Should give you an idea of what voltage is being used (typically they're
            taken from the +12v or across the +-12v sources but its hard to say without
            the schematic. Yep you could use the pot as an attenuator and that's a
            really good idea actually (put the jack as the input tothe divider instead
            of whatever fixed voltage source is used - but then you'll always have to
            use a CV unless you put a little switch in as well to switch between CV and
            normal voltage source - or normalize it but that's another issue entirely
            :-), but first figure out the voltage etc.
            KRIS

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 2, 2001
              > :-), but first figure out the voltage etc.
              > KRIS

              Thanks for the pointers :-)

              Ethan