Adding CV to A-145 LFO

  • ethanzer0@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2001
      I'm considering drilling a hole across from the "reset in" an an A-
      145 LFO to add CV to the Freq. Does anyone know if adding CV to the
      A-145 LFO is feasible?

      Thanks,

      Ethan
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 2, 2001
        Hi Ethan

        > I'm considering drilling a hole across from the "reset in" an an A-
        > 145 LFO to add CV to the Freq. Does anyone know if adding CV to the
        > A-145 LFO is feasible?
        I do not have the A-100 schematics here in the office, but the standard LFO
        circuit used in most of analogue synths (which is used also in the A145 - as far
        as I remember) does not allow this.

        Florian Anwander |ConSol* HP-Support
        Tel. +49.89.45841-133 |Consulting&Solutions Software GmbH
        Fax +49.89.45841-139 |Franziskanerstr. 38, D-81669 M√ľnchen
        email: florian.anwander@... |http://www.consol.de
      • Rhen, Kris
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 2, 2001
          Actually in theory, any analog circuit which has a pot can be changed to CV
          control. All a pot is is a voltage divider, so applying the proper voltave
          across the divider has the same effect. I'm considering lots of mods to my
          A100 in this regard. Now if I can only find the time :-)
          KRIS

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 2, 2001
            --- In Doepfer_a100@y..., "Rhen, Kris" <krhen@s...> wrote:
            > Actually in theory, any analog circuit which has a pot can be
            > changed to CV control. All a pot is is a voltage divider, so
            > applying the proper voltave across the divider has the same
            > effect. I'm considering lots of mods to my

            Do you know if the voltage that passes through the pot is the same as
            the output of the A-145 LFO? Would I have to convert the the input
            to the proper voltage, or could I just wire a jack in place of the
            pot? or even use the pot as a CV attenuator...

            Thanks,

            Ethan
          • Rhen, Kris
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 2, 2001
              > --- In Doepfer_a100@y..., "Rhen, Kris" <krhen@s...> wrote:
              > > Actually in theory, any analog circuit which has a pot can be
              > > changed to CV control. All a pot is is a voltage divider, so
              > > applying the proper voltave across the divider has the same
              > > effect. I'm considering lots of mods to my
              >
              > Do you know if the voltage that passes through the pot is the same as
              > the output of the A-145 LFO? Would I have to convert the the input
              > to the proper voltage, or could I just wire a jack in place of the
              > pot? or even use the pot as a CV attenuator...

              They don't really have to be related in any way (Vpot = VlFOoutput and most
              likely not). Put a voltmeter across it and turn the pot to the min and max.
              Should give you an idea of what voltage is being used (typically they're
              taken from the +12v or across the +-12v sources but its hard to say without
              the schematic. Yep you could use the pot as an attenuator and that's a
              really good idea actually (put the jack as the input tothe divider instead
              of whatever fixed voltage source is used - but then you'll always have to
              use a CV unless you put a little switch in as well to switch between CV and
              normal voltage source - or normalize it but that's another issue entirely
              :-), but first figure out the voltage etc.
              KRIS

              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 2, 2001
                > :-), but first figure out the voltage etc.
                > KRIS

                Thanks for the pointers :-)

                Ethan