info from doepfer about TKS and normal keyboard.

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 7, 2004
      dieter says, about the TKS and normal keyboard:
      "I assume that we will continue in January. I'm not
      sure if I already mentioned this: as we received a lot
      of complaints because we cancelled the pressure
      sensitivity for the TKB be (once more) reconsidered
      the concept to introduce the pressure sensitivity
      again. The pressure sensor of the prototype is very
      expensive and requires a lot of assembly time. So we
      try to use another type of sensor that is manufactured
      by a US company. So far we have only a very small
      sample of this sensor and wait for a long sample as
      required for the TKB. As soon as this new sample
      arrives we will continue the TKB development.
      Independent of the TKB the "normal" keyboard will be
      developed as well. Last week we received new samples
      of a modulation wheel box (includes two wheels, one
      with spring, one without) and another joy-stick. We
      think about adding both (2 wheels and joy-stick) to
      the normal keyboard. We hope that because of the
      height of the normal keyboard these controls could be
      added to the case without causing problems. For the
      TKB it is different as the TKB is extremely flat (the
      prototyp is only ~ 2 cm. But the depth of the
      wheels/joy-stick is more than ~ 6 cm.
      May be we will go the modular way too, i.e. offering
      the wheels and joy-stick as a separate box that could
      be added to both the TKB and the normal keyboard."

      =====
      Bakis Siros
      Parallel Worlds / Polariton
      Athens-Greece
      [Doepfer_a100] group owner
      http://www.shimarecords.co.uk
      http://www.ward12.com

      http://my.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 7, 2004
        > May be we will go the modular way too, i.e. offering
        > the wheels and joy-stick as a separate box that could
        > be added to both the TKB and the normal keyboard."

        this is a very good idea.

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 7, 2004
          hello ingo,
          i, also, agree.
          bakis.

          --- selfoscillate <synaptic_music@...> wrote:

          > > May be we will go the modular way too, i.e.
          > offering
          > > the wheels and joy-stick as a separate box that
          > could
          > > be added to both the TKB and the normal keyboard."
          >

          > this is a very good idea.
          >

          > best wishes
          >
          > ingo

          =====
          Bakis Siros
          Parallel Worlds / Polariton
          Athens-Greece
          [Doepfer_a100] group owner
          http://www.shimarecords.co.uk
          http://www.ward12.com

          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
        • ilanode
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 7, 2004
            I'm basically interested in the TKS as an interacrtive sequencing
            module but pressure sensitive would be definately a plus as the
            suggested box is. Regards, Ilanode

            --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com, Bakis Sirros