more examples of the a196 pll

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2004
      hello list,

      here are some examples for a very interesting
      module combination: a196 pll, a163 vc divider
      and a171 vc slew limiter. these recordings are
      more of the rough type, be careful with the volume.

      patch description:

      an a111 square wave sequence drives the a196.
      the a171 slew limiter replaces the lowpass filter
      of the a196, while the a163 vc divider is patched
      between a196 vco out and a196 phase comp in 1.
      the result is frequency multiplication instead
      of frequency division.

      an a155 provides different settings for the
      cv inputs of a163 and a171. each file has
      dedicated a155 knob settings. an a131
      is used as final vca, controlled by an
      a140 adsr envelope.

      you hear the a196 vco output, eight times the same
      sequence, each time with different settings for
      slew time and frequency division (or multiplication
      in this case). each file is 377 kb in size, loopable.

      example 1 is recorded with the a196
      set to range = hi, phase comp = 2.

      http://www.selfoscillate.de/a100files/a196-a163-a171-patch1.mp3

      example 2 is recorded with the a196
      set to range = hi, phase comp = 2.
      the a111 is tuned two octaves down.

      http://www.selfoscillate.de/a100files/a196-a163-a171-patch2.mp3

      example 3 is recorded with the a196
      set to range = mid, phase comp = 3.

      http://www.selfoscillate.de/a100files/a196-a163-a171-patch3.mp3

      the a196 pll is a unit for experimentalists as well as for
      those who are looking for unusual oscillator timbres.
      plenty of modules can be patched somewhere in the phase locked
      loop for stunning results. not recorded, but quite effective
      for this purpose are also ring modulators, frequency shifters,
      filters (the a101/2 for instance) or other things nobody
      has even thought about yet.

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2004
        hello ingo,
        once again:
        many thanks for posting these useful audio clips!
        bakis.

        --- selfoscillate <synaptic_music@...> wrote:

        > hello list,
        >
        > here are some examples for a very interesting
        > module combination: a196 pll, a163 vc divider
        > and a171 vc slew limiter. these recordings are
        > more of the rough type, be careful with the volume.
        >
        > patch description:
        >
        > an a111 square wave sequence drives the a196.
        > the a171 slew limiter replaces the lowpass filter
        > of the a196, while the a163 vc divider is patched
        > between a196 vco out and a196 phase comp in 1.
        > the result is frequency multiplication instead
        > of frequency division.
        >
        > an a155 provides different settings for the
        > cv inputs of a163 and a171. each file has
        > dedicated a155 knob settings. an a131
        > is used as final vca, controlled by an
        > a140 adsr envelope.
        >
        > you hear the a196 vco output, eight times the same
        > sequence, each time with different settings for
        > slew time and frequency division (or multiplication
        > in this case). each file is 377 kb in size,
        > loopable.
        >

        > example 1 is recorded with the a196
        > set to range = hi, phase comp = 2.

        http://www.selfoscillate.de/a100files/a196-a163-a171-patch1.mp3

        > example 2 is recorded with the a196
        > set to range = hi, phase comp = 2.
        > the a111 is tuned two octaves down.

        http://www.selfoscillate.de/a100files/a196-a163-a171-patch2.mp3

        > example 3 is recorded with the a196
        > set to range = mid, phase comp = 3.

        http://www.selfoscillate.de/a100files/a196-a163-a171-patch3.mp3

        > the a196 pll is a unit for experimentalists as well
        > as for
        > those who are looking for unusual oscillator
        > timbres.
        > plenty of modules can be patched somewhere in the
        > phase locked
        > loop for stunning results. not recorded, but quite
        > effective
        > for this purpose are also ring modulators, frequency
        > shifters,
        > filters (the a101/2 for instance) or other things
        > nobody
        > has even thought about yet.
        >

        > best wishes
        >
        > ingo