RE: [Doepfer_a100] Re: a106 / mp3s of other new modules?

  • unknown freak
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2, 2004
      Thanks for the link, Ingo. My one difficulty with it is that given the
      experimentalness of the patch, it's difficult to gauge what it would
      sound like under more traditional circumstances, like (gulp) phasing a
      string patch or one of those Wendy Carlos sorts of lines.

      Any comments you'd be able to pass along about the morphing filter?

      If you do get time to record the A102, that would be great. In general
      it would be nice if Dieter & Co. could toss up some quickee mp3s on
      release of new audio-path modules, as for instance Paul from MOTM and
      Roger from dotcom do. Wouldn't have to be anything fancy, just anything
      quick and representative.

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 3, 2004
        ok, i'll do a demo snip of the vactrol phaser in a
        more standard application too :-)

        regarding the a107, i'd say that it is a very versatile
        filter. the overal sound is typical cem-like.
        it is a smooth filter with a neutral sound, especially
        on the standard filtermodes. when morphing is used, also
        very harsh sounds can be obtained. i like it much to modulate
        the resonance along with the morphing.
        if you like the sound of the other cem-filters and want
        something more experimental, then the a107 is perfect for you.

        maybe i'll do some snips for the a107 too, but they won't
        show the real potential of the module.