110 vs 111 (was Re: tuning

  • klamb000
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 10, 2004
      The A110 and A111 CAN be calibrated to very accurate standards. I
      spend a couple of hours every few months checking such things, and
      set mine up to track to the cent for 6 full octaves (check with Doug
      at Sonic Highway if you think I'm stretching the truth).

      That said, I know 6 octaves is anal, but...

      Regards,
      Kevin
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 10, 2004
        hello gino,

        i prefer the a111, mainly because of the better tracking.
        soundwise it depends on the waveform in question which
        osc sounds better imho. i prefer the a110 sinewave, for
        sawtooth and triangle i go for the a111.
        the analogue systems oscs are great for pulsewaves.
        but as always, it's a matter of taste. if i had to
        decide which to buy, a110 or a111, i would go for the a111.

        --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com, "Robair, Gino" <GRobair@p...>
        wrote:
        > Someone on the list once said they thought the 110 sounded richer
        (or "better", though I can't remember the exact word) than the 111,
        which I thought was interesting (I don't own a Doepfer...yet....but
        working on it). Tuning and tracking issues aside, what are your
        opinions on the sound of the two oscillators.
        > Thanks,
        > g.
      • Robair, Gino
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 11, 2004
          Thanks, everyone, for your comments! They were very helpful.
          Best regards,
          ginorobair