more info on the sensor keyboard!!!(and a sketch...)

  • bakis Sirros
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2002
      DIETER SAYS:

      "So far we have no complete keyboard available but
      only a few testing plates with pressure sensors and
      loose potentiometers connected via wires. We are
      waiting for the pc board so that we can built the the
      first complete prototype of the keyboard. Probably the
      case will not be ready for the Frankfurt fair and so
      we will show the keyboard without case at the show.

      (bakis:...will the sensorkeyb. be in a form of a
      module??it will fit inside an A100G6 rack??give us
      some clues...)

      It will be probably a 19" 1HU or 2HU device that can
      be placed below the A-100 frames. We will have to
      discuss the details with our case manufacturer after
      the Frankfurt show.

      The sketch(GO TO THE PHOTOS SECTION!!) shows the basic
      principle of the sensorkey. But it is very rough and
      does not show the black and white key structure of the
      plates and shows only a few keys (not the full 2
      octave range). And the common outputs (common CV's and
      Gates) and controls are still missing, as well as the
      second sequencer LED for each key. The proportion is
      not correct to (actually the plates are much smaller
      compared to the knobs and sockets). It is only a very
      rough sketch !"

      Best regards
      Dieter Doepfer

      =====
      synthfreak(parallel worlds)
      athens-greece
      [Doepfer_a100] group owner-moderator

      http://auctions.yahoo.com
    • synth_freak_2000
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2002
        --- In Doepfer_a100@y..., bakis Sirros <synth_freak_2000@y...> wrote:
        > DIETER SAYS:

        > The sketch(GO TO THE PHOTOS SECTION!!) shows the basic
        > principle of the sensorkey. But it is very rough

        O.K.,SORRY GO TO THE FILES SECTION!!!!!!!

        synthfreak
      • Les Mizzell
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1, 2002
          > "So far we have no complete keyboard available but
          > only a few testing plates with pressure sensors and
          > loose potentiometers connected via wires.

          Don't mean to sound condescending, but it's sort of a poor man's rip-off of
          the Serge TKB then, right?

          http://www.scampers.com/egres/wiz_seq.htm ...about 1/2 way down.

          Les Mizzell

          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          "Did you ever walk into a room
          and forget why you walked in?
          I think that's how dogs spend
          their lives." -- Sue Murphy
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        • bakis Sirros
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 1, 2002
            hi les,
            if you think that way...then ALL analog synthesizers
            that came after the moog modular(just about
            everything...that is)are ripp-offs of the moog
            modular,right??(the same
            vco's,vcf's,vca's,adsr's.....)the serge TKB is a
            rip-off of the buchla touch keyboard???i don't think
            that this is the case...dieter WANTED the sensor
            keyboard to be cheaper than the(insanely
            priced???)module from serge...also,this module won't
            have only 16 steps,and it will feature a digital
            sequencer and,maybe polyphony,and....other
            things(??)....so,the differences with the TKB will be
            many...
            synthfreak

            =====

          • david.salter@reuters.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 4, 2002
              Hi all,

              The sketch seems to show the keys coming out from the face plate. I assume (and hope) that it was drawn that way for clarity (to show the structure of the keys)?

              As for a rip off, the serge has functionality that this unit will not have and visa versa.

              Regards

              David

              bakis Sirros
              <synth_freak_2000@ To: Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com
              yahoo.com> cc:
              Subject: RE: [Doepfer_a100] more info on the sensor keyboard!!!(and a
              01/02/2002 14:40 sketch...)
              Please respond to Header: Internal Use Only
              Doepfer_a100

              =====
              synthfreak(parallel worlds)
              athens-greece