Re: Off-Topic

  • jmaddocks1975
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 13, 2004
      haha :-D
      nice synth indeed.
      If I remember correctly wasn't the CS-80 responsible for the
      Bladerunner soundtrack?

      Btw, does it have anything special about it? maybe a doepfer clone
      module?

      John

      --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com, Florian Anwander

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 14, 2004
        hello john,

        something for the guinness book of records,
        a single module with 100 kilo weight ;-)

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 14, 2004
          Hi John

          > Btw, does it have anything special about it? maybe a doepfer clone
          > module?
          No, but some good tricks to remember for patching modules:

          The VCO produces sine, square and saw. Square and saw are sent to the
          filters and the sine is sent directly to the signal path after the VCFs
          (separate Hipass and Lopass). It sounds quite nice to have the sine plus
          the the highpass filtered saw.

          Also: when you were playing a CS-80 for some time, you learn much about
          the worth of velocity and voice related aftertouch in analogue synthesis.