Bus board CV and Gate. Usefull or an irritation?

  • Julian
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2004
      Hi there,

      One of those times when i feel like maybe im missing the point.

      Every time i move the modules about in my system, i always have to be
      careful to plug the vcos in different sides of the busboard, so i dont have
      to have then on a common pitch (yes, i know i can mod them also)

      Now ive never really seen the point of the internal busses. Surely the
      whole beauty of the modular is that the routing is external, and under full
      user control? Dont the internal busses detract from the purity of this?

      As i say, ive always tried to avoid the internal communication, but i feel
      like there must be some sort of beauty that im missing?

      I ask, as im just about to build some boards, and going for 10 way sockets,
      as opposed to 16 (i know i certainly dont need the +5v) is, of course, an
      option to me.

      So, can anyone convince me / point out the error in my ways?

      Cheers, Julian.
    • Keld Sørensen
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2004
        I started out with the BS-1 system and disconnected the VCO´s and
        EG´s from the buss. Both the EG sometimes fired when only one recived
        a gate signal. So I don´t use the Buss system at all. Works fine for
        me.
        Keld