Re: Delays

    Message 1 of 22 , Jan 5, 2004
      oh right, i use a lexicon vortex for delays too.
      another discontinued masterpiece. i also used an ensoniq dp2
      for delays some years ago and it is fabulous for this purpose.
      really huge delay times.

      --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com, David Salter <david.salter@r...>
      wrote:
      > Paul,
      >
      > I use a Wem Copicat, Roland Dep 5, Lexicon Vortex, Zoom 1201, an
      old BBD guitar pedal and various plugin's (the best being NI Spekral
      Delay).

      > Which I use depends on the effect I want, they all sound very
      different.
    • David Salter
      Message 2 of 22 , Jan 5, 2004
        Yeh, Vortex is cool. I really didn't like it much at first - too subtle
        in many ways. Love it now.

        I also fancy a fully loaded JamMan, A100 and one of these and you could
        gig with just that, cool loop machine.

        David

        wrote:
        > Paul,
        >
        > I use a Wem Copicat, Roland Dep 5, Lexicon Vortex, Zoom 1201,
        an
        old BBD guitar pedal and various plugin's (the best being NI
        Spekral
        Delay).

        > Which I use depends on the effect I want, they all sound very
        different.

        _____

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        of Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        --------------------------------------------------------------- -

        the views of Reuters Ltd.

        Message 3 of 22 , Jan 5, 2004
          hi john,
          i didn't remember that you had an a100 site!great!
          i'll add the link to the links page.
          bakis.

          =====
          Bakis Siros
          Parallel Worlds / Polariton
          Athens-Greece
          [Doepfer_a100] group owner
          http://www.rubber.gr
          http://www.ward12.com

          http://search.yahoo.com/top2003
        • Gdaluz
          Message 4 of 22 , Jan 11, 2004
            Hi everyone
            Still delays slightly delayed.
            I love analog delays, it´s probably my prefered effect along the resonator filter.
            I use the Ibanez AD 202 modulation delay with it´s dreamy/psych sound responsible for my deep cosmic sound.The Better EC 400 Analog echo unit.Two stomp box Omnifex & Realistic(reverb simulation) wich I use with my band.
            For me digital delays are almost a different kind of effect because it´s sample repetition,I use the Korg SDD-1200 dual modulation delay for experimental suff and Yamaha SPX-90 for my preset stereo delays.

            I would like a Doepfer analog creative modular delay with lots of in&outputs for modulations,feedbacks etc.
            Happy new year.
            Guilherme.
            www.daluz.web.pt

            slightly off-topic: What kind of external delays do you use? Your
            sequencers´ plug-ins oder rather hardware?
            I can highly recommend the Ibanez DM1000 bucket-chain delay. [19"; 1U;
            delay time from 1,7ms to 900ms] On the faceplate you can find nine
            pots, the input and the outputs (normal and inverted, so not really
            stereo), so patching it into the Doepfer´s signal flow is very easy!
            Nice toy, noisy but with character. But I want to modify it: VC-control
            for the "delay time"-pot, so one can plug a foot controller to it.

            cheesr,
            Paul

            Yahoo! Groups Links

            To visit your group on the web, go to:

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • HicHakHok
            Message 5 of 22 , Jan 12, 2004
              On 1/11/04 9:23 PM, "Gdaluz" <gdaluz@...> wrote:

              > Hi everyone
              > Still delays slightly delayed.
              > I love analog delays, it´s probably my prefered effect along the resonator
              > filter.
              > I use the Ibanez AD 202 modulation delay with it´s dreamy/psych sound
              > responsible for my deep cosmic sound.The Better EC 400 Analog echo unit.Two
              > stomp box Omnifex & Realistic(reverb simulation) wich I use with my band.
              > For me digital delays are almost a different kind of effect because it´s
              > sample repetition,I use the Korg SDD-1200 dual modulation delay for
              > experimental suff and Yamaha SPX-90 for my preset stereo delays.
              >
              > I would like a Doepfer analog creative modular delay with lots of in&outputs
              > for modulations,feedbacks etc.
              > Happy new year.
              > Guilherme.
              > www.daluz.web.pt

              I agree. While all the new modules are great and kudos to Doepfer, not
              having a cv analogue delay is a big omission.

              Leonm

              Www.leonmichener.co.uk