Re: Delays

    Message 1 of 22 , Jan 5, 2004
      > How does the moogerfooger mf104 compare to the blacet?

      the moogerfooger sounds a bit more dull, because of strong
      output filtering, but it has some nice gimmicks, like
      the feedback i/p point. it also sounds great at high resonance
      settings, parts in the circuit seem to limit the
      output signal, so it never gets too nasty, even with very
      hot input signals. the moogerfooger sounds very warm and smooth.

      the blacet sounds more open, more high frequencies are passed
      to the output. there are also some nice gimmicks in the
      blacet, like a built-in envelope follower. the resonance can
      have negative amounts, which is great for flanging effects,
      but the blacet is a bit more complicated to use, you have to
      be careful with your adjustments, especially resonance.

      as far as i know, both use the same bbd chip (mn3005).

      if i had to choose between the two, i would choose the blacet,
      but thats all a matter of taste and the moogerfooger is
      sold out anyway.

      Message 2 of 22 , Jan 5, 2004
        oh right, i use a lexicon vortex for delays too.
        another discontinued masterpiece. i also used an ensoniq dp2
        for delays some years ago and it is fabulous for this purpose.
        really huge delay times.

        --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com, David Salter <david.salter@r...>
        wrote:
        > Paul,
        >
        > I use a Wem Copicat, Roland Dep 5, Lexicon Vortex, Zoom 1201, an
        old BBD guitar pedal and various plugin's (the best being NI Spekral
        Delay).

        > Which I use depends on the effect I want, they all sound very
        different.
      • David Salter
        Message 3 of 22 , Jan 5, 2004
          Yeh, Vortex is cool. I really didn't like it much at first - too subtle
          in many ways. Love it now.

          I also fancy a fully loaded JamMan, A100 and one of these and you could
          gig with just that, cool loop machine.

          David

          wrote:
          > Paul,
          >
          > I use a Wem Copicat, Roland Dep 5, Lexicon Vortex, Zoom 1201,
          an
          old BBD guitar pedal and various plugin's (the best being NI
          Spekral
          Delay).

          > Which I use depends on the effect I want, they all sound very
          different.

          _____

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          of Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

          --------------------------------------------------------------- -

          the views of Reuters Ltd.

          Message 4 of 22 , Jan 5, 2004
            hi john,
            i didn't remember that you had an a100 site!great!
            i'll add the link to the links page.
            bakis.

            =====
            Bakis Siros
            Parallel Worlds / Polariton
            Athens-Greece
            [Doepfer_a100] group owner
            http://www.rubber.gr
            http://www.ward12.com

            http://search.yahoo.com/top2003
          • Gdaluz
            Message 5 of 22 , Jan 11, 2004
              Hi everyone
              Still delays slightly delayed.
              I love analog delays, it´s probably my prefered effect along the resonator filter.
              I use the Ibanez AD 202 modulation delay with it´s dreamy/psych sound responsible for my deep cosmic sound.The Better EC 400 Analog echo unit.Two stomp box Omnifex & Realistic(reverb simulation) wich I use with my band.
              For me digital delays are almost a different kind of effect because it´s sample repetition,I use the Korg SDD-1200 dual modulation delay for experimental suff and Yamaha SPX-90 for my preset stereo delays.

              I would like a Doepfer analog creative modular delay with lots of in&outputs for modulations,feedbacks etc.
              Happy new year.
              Guilherme.
              www.daluz.web.pt

              slightly off-topic: What kind of external delays do you use? Your
              sequencers´ plug-ins oder rather hardware?
              I can highly recommend the Ibanez DM1000 bucket-chain delay. [19"; 1U;
              delay time from 1,7ms to 900ms] On the faceplate you can find nine
              pots, the input and the outputs (normal and inverted, so not really
              stereo), so patching it into the Doepfer´s signal flow is very easy!
              Nice toy, noisy but with character. But I want to modify it: VC-control
              for the "delay time"-pot, so one can plug a foot controller to it.

              cheesr,
              Paul

              Yahoo! Groups Links

              To visit your group on the web, go to:

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • HicHakHok
              Message 6 of 22 , Jan 12, 2004
                On 1/11/04 9:23 PM, "Gdaluz" <gdaluz@...> wrote:

                > Hi everyone
                > Still delays slightly delayed.
                > I love analog delays, it´s probably my prefered effect along the resonator
                > filter.
                > I use the Ibanez AD 202 modulation delay with it´s dreamy/psych sound
                > responsible for my deep cosmic sound.The Better EC 400 Analog echo unit.Two
                > stomp box Omnifex & Realistic(reverb simulation) wich I use with my band.
                > For me digital delays are almost a different kind of effect because it´s
                > sample repetition,I use the Korg SDD-1200 dual modulation delay for
                > experimental suff and Yamaha SPX-90 for my preset stereo delays.
                >
                > I would like a Doepfer analog creative modular delay with lots of in&outputs
                > for modulations,feedbacks etc.
                > Happy new year.
                > Guilherme.
                > www.daluz.web.pt

                I agree. While all the new modules are great and kudos to Doepfer, not
                having a cv analogue delay is a big omission.

                Leonm

                Www.leonmichener.co.uk