Re: A149, total random possibilities patch

  • shm1400
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 10, 2003
      I like to use a control voltage to determine the density of events
      occurring against a basic rhythmic foundation: Sample the output of
      a random voltage generator with a sample & hold clocked with an
      LFO. Then send the resulting clocked random voltages to a mixer,
      and mix with a fixed voltage and some kind of control voltage. The
      output of the mixer is sent to the control input of a voltage
      controlled switch. The voltage controlled switch is used to gate
      the square wave output of the same LFO you used to clock the sample
      and hold.

      Now, you have square wave that can be used as a trigger or gate.
      The density of the events it is triggering is controlled by the
      level of the control voltage sent to the mixer input and the
      attenuation of the gated random voltage. An envelope can create a
      process that becomes more or less dense over time, while another,
      slower moving random signal would create random event density. The
      events themselves could be random, or pre-determined, such as a tone
      row from a sequencer.

      --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com, "Bilinger" <x2wm@h...> wrote:
      > Because basically I am very interested in making such a random
      patch.
      > let's say I want to just send something to vco-pitch; and make
      > something really random. By random i mean, maybe it goes ffrom
      really
      > quiet sometimes, slow, suddenly maybe active and chaotic like, and
      > then slow again, then maybe accelerating... so I am trying to use
      also
      > A150 to change the trigger for the A149. before triggering the
      A149 i
      > put A150. In the A150 I can put two different A147, each of them
      with
      > different random (A148-117) in cv in. then it becomes more random
      > like. but i want to go really much further, maybe by using an, nor
      or
      > exor function.
      > mmmmh, I am working on this.
      > also, few months ago I was one amongst few to ask for manual gate
      > module. What I do is I use the gate from A178 (theremin), to make
      the
      > pitch of vco really really treble. You can "lock" the gate with
      the
      > offset of the tehreim module, so gate is always one to control
      pitch
      > of vco. then I do the random stuff to the very high frequency A111.
      > I think a manual gate would be more practical than using this
      theremin
      > which sometimes is a bit of a drag when playing live, antenna is
      not
      > so much practical.
      > sorry, long message
      > alexandre - french lucky guy, we
    • Bilinger
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 10, 2003
        hey list
        Sound's cool this patch idea. I will try this today.
        I am interested at the moment to mix A150, 148, 149 and LFO's of
        course. Also I have to also try this one from Dieter's comment, slow
        A117 into 149 clk. ALso about 149-2, will it basically produce
        random "gates" (gates is this right?)to trigger like A147 CV, or
        A162, or A140?
        catch you later