AW: [Doepfer_a100] More comments on Doepfer VCOs 110 vs 111

  • Dieter Doepfer
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2003

      For the human ear there is no difference between rising and falling saw.
      Simply try to insert a voltage inverter into an audio signal. You will hear
      no difference. But you are right, the labelling is wrong (but after more
      than 5 years you are the first customer who noticed that "fault".

    • ALMAGATA@telefonica.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 4, 2003
        Hi Dieter and list,

        Really there is no hearing difference at audio rates but when using the
        VCOs as modulation you`ll notice the difference.
        BTW, one of my favorites VCOs are the ARP ones, they are also ramp
        instead saw and they are mislabelled in front panel ;)
        I was thinking you can`t get a ramp using an inverter from a saw wave..
        you`ll ned to reverse the wave, not invert it...Right?
        Best regards,

        Josue Arias.

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 4, 2003
          hello josue,

          i think there should be no difference between a reversed and
          an inverted sawtooth, as long as it is bi-polar and symmetrical
          around zero like the vco's.

          --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com, "ALMAGATA@t..." <josue@A...>
          wrote:
          > Hi Dieter and list,
          >
          > Really there is no hearing difference at audio rates but when using
          the
          > VCOs as modulation you`ll notice the difference.
          > BTW, one of my favorites VCOs are the ARP ones, they are also ramp
          > instead saw and they are mislabelled in front panel ;)
          > I was thinking you can`t get a ramp using an inverter from a saw
          wave..
          > you`ll ned to reverse the wave, not invert it...Right?
          > Best regards,
          >
          > Josue Arias.

          Lexmark

        • ALMAGATA@telefonica.net
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 5, 2003
            Yes Ingo, you are right,

            Was a first thinking and I missed was a bipolar wave.