RE: [Doepfer_a100] Re: a199

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 8, 2003
      hi list,
      don't get me wrong about the a199.i like it and i use
      it very often!(that's why i have two...).it's just a
      noise that you have to live with.just set your other
      controls and sound settings,so that this noise is
      heard as little as possible...
      bakis.

      --- Gdaluz <gdaluz@...> wrote:
      > Hi pela_gius,
      > It�s a humming/buzzing noise when you turn the
      > knob MIX from dry to effect.Acceptable 70% dry,30%
      > effect.Still it�s a fine module for 50�s PSI-FI
      > movie soundtrack when you "open"the feedback, among
      > other uses.
      > G.

      =====
      Bakis Sirros
      Parallel Worlds / Polariton
      Athens-Greece
      [Doepfer_a100] group owner
      http://www.rubber.gr
      http://www.ward12.com

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
    • ps_minor
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 8, 2003
        i think this has been discussed before, but it's been a while.. what i di=
        d to
        eliminate hum on my a199 was use a much longer phono cable for
        connecting the reverb tank to the module and place the module as far away
        from any power supplies as possible. mine's about a meter away on a shelf.=

        you'll need to drill a hole in the bottom of the case in order to pass the =
        cable
        through (and if you pass the cable through BEFORE solderig the phono plug
        onto the end you can use a much smaller hole). got rid of all hum for me..=

        there's still some noise, hey it's a spring reverb, but it's acceptable. o=
        nly
        audible when you crank the volume w no signal.
        -psm

        --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com, Bakis Sirros <