new info from doepfer!!(NEW MODULE PAGES:A196 PLL,A167 COMPARATOR)!!!

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2003
      dieter says:
      "today we published two new preliminary A-100 pages on
      our web site: A-196 PLL and A-167
      Comparator/Subtractor/Offset Generator.

      Yesterday I talked to Bob Williams of Analogue Systems
      concerning the VU meter. Bob is a friend of mine and
      we already had a common both 2 years ago at the NAMM.
      We talk together now and then as we very often have
      the same problems and help each other e.g. to find out
      the best supplier or to work together on a supplier
      (e.g. because of the contact problems of the sockets
      as we use the same sockets from the same supplier).
      Bob told me that he would supply us with the VU meters
      he uses and that he would not have a problem if we
      manufacture a VU meter too (I do not want to annoy
      even analog modular competitors as - from my point of
      view - we are all in the same boat). But the meters
      are very expensive (about 44 English pounds in small
      quantities) and I'm not sure if the customers are
      willing to pay more than 100 Euros for a VU meter. But
      you see that we keep at it but I'm not sure if we will
      use the meters from Bob.

      Best wishes
      Dieter Doepfer"

      COMMENTS??????
      I WANT THE METER!:-)
      BAKIS.

      =====
      synthfreak(parallel worlds)
      athens-greece

      http://sbc.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 2, 2003
        i agree with dieter regarding the price.

        --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com, Bakis Sirros

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 2, 2003
          <synth_freak_2000@y...> wrote:
          > dieter says:
          > "today we published two new preliminary A-100 pages on
          > our web site: A-196 PLL and A-167
          > Comparator/Subtractor/Offset Generator.

          great. i'll add these modules to my system for sure.