Re: [Doepfer_a100] an optical compressor?

    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 1, 2003
      of course!!!
      bakis.

      --- "p. hendricks" <ph@...> wrote:
      > On 5/31/03 7:47 PM, "p. hendricks" <ph@...>
      > wrote:
      >
      > > seems like an affordable one would be nice?
      > > with some CV ins? i'll site extreme ones like the
      > Joe Meek SC2 or new EH
      > > BF... no need for tubes.
      >
      > BTW: of course the SOU and A-154 shall come first!
      > best,
      > pH

      =====
      synthfreak(parallel worlds)
      athens-greece

      http://calendar.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 1, 2003
        these too sould come first!!!!:-)
        bakis.

        =====
        synthfreak(parallel worlds)
        athens-greece

        http://calendar.yahoo.com
      • David Salter
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 2, 2003
          Tim,

          I would like some detail, not being that savvy in these things.

          regards

          David Salter

          Tel: +44 20 7542 2402
          Mob: +44 7990562402
          Fax: +44 20 7542 2699

          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 2, 2003
            Hi ph

            > seems like an affordable one would be nice?
            > with some CV ins? i'll site extreme ones like the Joe Meek SC2 or new EH
            > BF... no need for tubes.

            Aren't there some guitar foot stomper boxes that use vactrols for
            compression (boss CE2 ?). It should be quite simple to modify them.

            Florian
          • Bilinger
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 2, 2003
              hi
              yes please, I would like A117 to work with A111 as well
              please please, some details about how to do the change.
              doepfer kinda said they would put a page about simple module
              modifications in february but they didnt
              thanks
              Alexandre
            • Tim Stinchcombe
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 5, 2003
                > The modification requires cutting 4 tracks and adding 4 straps (and
                > is moderately fiddly). If anyone else has been experiencing this
                > frustration, and wants to know the details, let me know and I shall
                > write some instructions and post them (and if I can persuade my
                mate
                > with the digital camera to visit and take a few snaps of it, post a
                > few pictures too).

                For those that expressed an interest in this, I have created a folder
                in the 'Files' section containing a text file of instructions, and
                three photos of my modified unit. (Thanks go to Mike for the photos.)

                Any questions or comments, then get in touch!

                Tim