Re: Rear Access

  • buechlerjoe
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 6, 2002
      David

      Thanks for steering me toward the Berhinger, its been a big success
      so far. Now I have external audio, external effects, and external
      CV/Gate sources and destinations at my fingertips. The Berhinger
      even looks right at home with the A100 stuff.

      Now I'm keen to add some external filtering. Does anyone have any
      opinions or recommendations on standalone analog filters that are
      available?

      Joe

      --- In Doepfer_a100@y..., david.salter@r... wrote:

      > Hi Joe,
      >
      > I just use standard patch panels, the Berhinger Ultra patch, 50
      pounds each and very flexible for audio and CV.
    • david.salter@reuters.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 7, 2002
        Joe,

        Those tried that I like are:

        Sherman Filter Bank - Nice because is has two 12dB multimodes that can be patched in different configurations and the modulation routing is good
        Mutator - Moog style filters - sounds very rich
        Oakley VCF-1 - I have one of these, it's a diy project though, so you have to build it yourself. Moog ladder, similar to a single channel of a Mutator
        MAM Warp9 & Resonator - Modelled on the Wasp and Korg PS series machines, cheap and sound great, build quality not so hot though.

        I confess that I don't use the VCF-1 much. I use the modular as a filter bank. The way i set it up is the A100 external input, read envelope follower, two multimodes that I can configure in any order I like and lots of LFO's & envelopes as control sources. I also use the Analogue solutions MS20 type filter in this arrangement. The down side is that it uses a reasonable chunk of the modular, but is more flexible.

        Cheers

        David

        buechlerjoe
        <buechlerjoe@toa To: Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com
        dmail.com> cc:
        Subject: [Doepfer_a100] Re: Rear Access
        06/01/2002 15:38 Header: Internal Use Only
        Please respond
        to Doepfer_a100

        David

        Thanks for steering me toward the Berhinger, its been a big success
        so far. Now I have external audio, external effects, and external
        CV/Gate sources and destinations at my fingertips. The Berhinger
        even looks right at home with the A100 stuff.

        Now I'm keen to add some external filtering. Does anyone have any
        opinions or recommendations on standalone analog filters that are
        available?

        Joe

        --- In Doepfer_a100@y..., david.salter@r... wrote:

        > Hi Joe,
        >
        > I just use standard patch panels, the Berhinger Ultra patch, 50
        pounds each and very flexible for audio and CV.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        the views of Reuters Ltd.