Re: Fwd: AW: [Doepfer_a100] DOEPFER'S ANSWER to the possibility of offering kits.

  • Erik
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 3, 2003
      Hi, but what about the possibility to buy the PIC for the MCV8 ???
      I don't think there is any company that have a MIDI2CV with 8 CV out.
      IF people who are DIY had the possibility to buy schematics,
      adjustment procedure and PIC ( I guess you used a PIC for this
      project)it will be great.
      Keep up the good work.

      Regards
      Erik

      > So we will definitely not offer kits or single front
      > > panels or cases to avoid
      > > such problems.
      > > Best wishes
      > > Dieter Doepfer
    • p. hendricks
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 4, 2003
        On 4/1/03 5:00 AM, "code_pig" <code_pig@...> wrote:

        > I have to agree with Dieter about people building kits, as many
        > aspiring DIY'ers don't have the skill or patience to finish a single
        > module, let alone enough modules to create a small synth. Having
        > said that, it looks like a few of us here do not fall into that camp.

        yes, and still the cost would not be significantly different. The hardest
        part of my Paia kit and EFM kits were identifying the parts, once you do
        that it's pretty simple to populate the board, but half the efm ones were
        wrong, changed or missing...
        Look at the price difference on the Blacet modules, $30 to $40 to have it
        assembled, now whit Doepfer's manufacturing process and local I'd expect
        close to the inverse... kits could be more expensive?
        Also, look at Oakley-- they sell just PCB's of populated boards, why , 'cuz
        kits are more expensive to put together and support.
        Just get your diy projects from CGS, order parts from mouser--they come
        neatly labeled. And front panels... yeah.. here we go again, make your own
        in a different case or convince enough that a common design is viable and
        pre-order.
        -phil
      • p. hendricks
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 4, 2003
          6 just doesn't hold enough! or a 12.
          both of course with equiv. psu's.
          -pH
        • Bilinger
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 5, 2003
            hi list

            i am interrested as well in smaller case.
            it can be practical for some live functions, practical to carry,
            practical for just one type of sound.

            also for new modules, I like the idea of manual trigger mixer.
            very practical for playing A100 as a live instrument for avant garde
            project like free improvisation.

            it seems everyone is so much on with SOU and A154 which are
            interresting projects. by the way I still think some very simple
            modules like manual trigger mixer is really missing in this sense of
            A100 as a music instrument.

            please react boyyyyyys!!!!!

            alexandre from Paris, France
            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 5, 2003
              hello alexandre,

              you can simply start a poll for the manual trigger mixer.
              don't forget to specify the features/layout of the module.
              you know, doepfer has many modules in the pipeline and
              it is not practical, starting the development of another
              module, as long as there are so many modules unfinished.
              but you never know what the future brings ;-)