RE: [Doepfer_a100] New group

  • unknown freak
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 9, 2003
      I have a feeling the modular synth talk action may be on the verge of
      getting too divided to make another forum as viable as it might otherwise
      be. There are users groups for Doepfer, Analogue Systems, Synthesizers.com,
      MOTM, Oakley, MOTM panels, Buchla, Serge, and others, along with Analogue
      Heaven, and ModularSynthDotCom. There's also the modular synth discussion
      on The Gas Station.

      I wish this group every success, but I just wonder whether the creation of
      another group will lead to more and livelier modular synth discussions or
      rather dilute an already pretty diluted discussion.

    • code_pig
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 9, 2003
        And sadly, I have a feeling you're right, especially about the
        modular synthesis community becoming divided.

        It seems that the hostility between users of one instrument or
        another has all but killed creative discussion about synthesis.

        The Doepfer group seems to be the most open minded, which is one of
        the reasons I come here, and will continue to do so.

        I simply thought it would be interesting to open an area for modular
        synthesis discussion where brand interest and loyalty are not the
        subject of the forum.

        Regards,
        Kevin

        --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com, "unknown freak" <cgraef@n...>

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 9, 2003
          you're right kevin!
          thanks for your good opinion about the doepfer group.
          i'll try to keep this group open minded...
          i,for a start,have the a100 monster,rs integrator
          system 1,a concussor 6U system and i think that all
          these modular synths have their good points and
          strengths. :-)
          bakis.

          =====
          synthfreak(parallel worlds)