Re: [Doepfer_a100] Digest Number 418

  • mdimmm@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2003
      > From: Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com
      > Date: 19 Dec 2002 08:16:44 -0000
      > To: Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [Doepfer_a100] Digest Number 418
      >
      > Message: 2
      > Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 17:35:39 -0000
      > From: "kali_the_black <poictesme@...>" <poictesme@...>
      > Subject: Re: A-135 Voltage Controlled Mixer
      >

      > I was ULTRA excited about the vc mixer and morphing controller when I
      > ordered my doepfer, but after having used it I'm not so excited about
      > it any more. I've been considering pulling out the a-144 and
      > replacing it with something more usefull like slew or another eg.
      >
      > the problem that I have with the morphing controller is that the
      > crossfades aren't really crossfades. And when you get them to sound
      > alright it's not that impressive anyway. Now if you were to use the

      Yeah, that's what I was a bit worried about too. I think it would take up
      too much space (in a portable system) for what it really does.
      I recommend the VC Panning Module for 2 channel crossfading, the internal
      inverter makes it very easy, just connect a joy stick or whatever directly.

      I have a regular mixer already, which is useful of course, but this would
      limit the added functionality of a VC Mixer.

    • Joe Buechler <buechlerjoe@toadmail.com>
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 3, 2003
        If I had the space, I'd have four A120s and an A138a for ultimate
        flexibility as a VC mixer, individual VCA's, and attenuation. Too bad
        the Doepfer VC mixer doesn't have individual VCA outputs in addition
        to the mix output. Oh yeah, I wish it had offset knobs as well.

        Joe

        wrote:

        > > From: Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com
        > > Date: 19 Dec 2002 08:16:44 -0000
        > > To: Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com
        > > Subject: [Doepfer_a100] Digest Number 418
        > >
        > > Message: 2
        > > Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 17:35:39 -0000
        > > From: "kali_the_black <poictesme@e...>" <poictesme@e...>
        > > Subject: Re: A-135 Voltage Controlled Mixer
        > >

        > > I was ULTRA excited about the vc mixer and morphing controller
        when I
        > > ordered my doepfer, but after having used it I'm not so excited
        about
        > > it any more. I've been considering pulling out the a-144 and
        > > replacing it with something more usefull like slew or another eg.
        > >
        > > the problem that I have with the morphing controller is that the
        > > crossfades aren't really crossfades. And when you get them to
        sound
        > > alright it's not that impressive anyway. Now if you were to use
        the

        > Yeah, that's what I was a bit worried about too. I think it would
        take up
        > too much space (in a portable system) for what it really does.
        > I recommend the VC Panning Module for 2 channel crossfading, the
        internal
        > inverter makes it very easy, just connect a joy stick or whatever
        directly.

        > I have a regular mixer already, which is useful of course, but this
        would
        > limit the added functionality of a VC Mixer.
        >
        > > morphing controller to generate 4 voltages to control things like
        > > filters that might be neat, but I haven't tried it yet (cause I
        just
        > > thought of it, thanks for the chance to ramble on!).
        > >
        > > On the other hand I do use the mixer alot, just not the cv part of
        it
        > > really. But all that being said, I do have a pretty nice pad set
        up
        > > using just the modules that I'm bitching about! I guess it's just
        > > matter of them not being incredible, but usefull.
        > > Ben
        > > --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com, "mdimmm@h..." <mdimmm@h...>
        > > wrote:
        > >> I'm considering adding an A-135 VC Mixer to my system.
        > >> Has anyone used these in combination with the A-144 Morphing
        > > Controller or
        > >> by itself?
        > >> Is it really worth the space it takes up, and what exactly does
        the
        > > A-144
        > >> add?
      • unknown freak
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 3, 2003
          It doesn't seem to be any good for use with CVs. There's some kind of
          pretty radical voltage sagging that happens with it. Not that that
          can't be interesting.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 4, 2003
            How careless of me - of course I meant four A130s and an A138a.

            Joe

            --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com, unknown freak <cgraef@n...>