A145 <>A147

  • rwert
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 4, 2002
      hi
      I am quite new user of A100
      I want to buy next LFO
      and I have problem to choose between A145 and A147
      may be you help me a litle bit to decide
      if theres makes sense to but 30 euro more expensive 147
      (I have already use A146)
      thanks

    • David Salter
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 4, 2002
        Hi there,

        I have both the 145 & 145 and would say that they are different enough
        to say that either is a valid option.

        The 145 is nice because like the 146 it has the range control. Being
        able to have rising and falling sawtooth at the same time is great
        because it means that in a dual VCA or VCF situation you can simulate a
        pseudo cross fade (one opening while the other closes).

        The 147's main benefit is the VC control of frequency, this allows the
        modulation rate to vary by patching in another LFO or envelope. Great
        for sounds that evolve in interesting ways instead of in a repetitive
        way.

        Both have a sine out which is wonderful for vibrato. VC vibrato using
        the 147 is even more expressive (if you have a 174 joystick).

        Regards

        David Salter
        Reuters Consulting
        Tel: +44 20 7542 2402
        Mob: +44 7990562402
        and I have problem to choose between A145 and A147
        may be you help me a litle bit to decide
        if theres makes sense to but 30 euro more expensive 147
        (I have already use A146)
        thanks

        ------------------------------------------------------------- ---

        the views of Reuters Ltd.

      • David Salter
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 5, 2002
          I tend to be atmosphere rather than music orientated (primarily because
          I am not a musician). Because of that I love change and the more
          parameters that have VC the better.

          David Salter
          Reuters Consulting
          Tel: +44 20 7542 2402
          Mob: +44 7990562402

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 5, 2002
            --- In Doepfer_a100@y..., "rwert" <musicagenera@y...> wrote:
            > hi
            > I am quite new user of A100
            > I want to buy next LFO
            > and I have problem to choose between A145 and A147
            > may be you help me a litle bit to decide
            > if theres makes sense to but 30 euro more expensive 147
            > (I have already use A146)
            > thanks

            Hi, rwert.

            I have A145&A146&A147.
            A147 will be able to make very unique sound if you have more than one
            LFO module, an ADSR module, and so on.

            Do you use A147 in the simplex?
            A147 suggest that it uses with other modules.

            I combine an ADSR module with A147, and use often.
            I connect the output of the ADSR module to A147.
            It becomes unique LFO!