Re: AW: [Doepfer_a100] Dark Time low gate out signal

  • Scott Rogers
    Message 1 of 22 , Oct 1, 2013

      Consider yourself lucky! I'm in Toronto and it just took 2 and a half months to get 6 modules! I just ordered 2 more and I doubt I'll see them before November. But luckily I have learned patience in my old age.

      Also I have to say I'm glad to see that Doepfer is so busy. 15 years ago I thought analog was totally dead and never dreamed that it and modular would be so popular again. It's so nice to finally be getting all the gear I always wanted. It's too bad I don't have the time or energy to use it as much as I would have when I was 16.

      Scott

      At 11:39 AM 10/1/2013, you wrote:

      I'm in France but I'm talking from experience, that's how long it will take unfortunately.
      Thanks for the reference of the switch I will see if I can find it.
      In case anyone on the list have one for spare and would be willing to ship one to me I would be very thankful. I would paypal upfront of course.

      Regards,
      Phil

      On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 5:21 PM, <yahoo@...> wrote:

      > Regarding the switch, so sad for such tiny orders there is no
      > shop online. It will take at least 2 weeks for my local
      > representative to get a shipment from your offices and probably 1
      > additional week for the switch to arrive here...
      >
      > Regards,
      > Phil

      It depends upon your location which I don't know. Within Europe it should be
      faster but overseas you are right. The shipping charges would be a multiple
      of the switch price. But it's a standard switch manufactured by Salecom and
      the order no. is T8014-SECQ-E-H. Maybe it's available from an electronic
      shop in your country. It needs not to be exactly the switch from this
      manufacturer. Any other three position toggle switch with the same
      dimensions will work too.
      I'd recommend to replace the switch yourself only if you are really
      experienced with desoldering/soldering parts from double sided boards and
      have suitable tools. Otherwise you may damage the the unit.

    • ddoepfer
      Message 2 of 22 , Oct 2, 2013
        > Consider yourself lucky! I'm in Toronto and it just took 2 and a
        > half months to get 6 modules! I just ordered 2 more and I doubt
        > I'll see them before November. But luckily I have learned
        > patience in my old age.
        >
        > Also I have to say I'm glad to see that Doepfer is so busy. 15
        > years ago I thought analog was totally dead and never dreamed
        > that it and modular would be so popular again. It's so nice to
        > finally be getting all the gear I always wanted. It's too bad I
        > don't have the time or energy to use it as much as I would have
        > when I was 16.
        >
        > Scott

        That's indeed far too long. I'm really surprised because our Canadian
        representative (Technopolis) orders about twice a month and I have no
        explanation why it took that long. Did you order from Technopolis ?

      • ddoepfer
        Message 3 of 22 , Oct 2, 2013
          > I'm in France but I'm talking from experience, that's how long it
          > will take unfortunately.
          > Thanks for the reference of the switch I will see if I can find it.
          > In case anyone on the list have one for spare and would be
          > willing to ship one to me I would be very thankful. I would
          > paypal upfront of course.
          >

          > Regards,
          > Phil

          Please send me your address off list and we will send you a replacement
          switch for free.

        • Phil a
          Message 4 of 22 , Oct 2, 2013
            Thanks for your understanding. To which email address should I send it off-list then ?

            Regards,
            Phil

            On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 9:04 AM, <yahoo@...> wrote:
            > I'm in France but I'm talking from experience, that's how long it
            > will take unfortunately.
            > Thanks for the reference of the switch I will see if I can find it.
            > In case anyone on the list have one for spare and would be
            > willing to ship one to me I would be very thankful. I would
            > paypal upfront of course.
            >

            > Regards,
            > Phil

            Please send me your address off list and we will send you a replacement
            switch for free.

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
                (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
                Doepfer_a100-digest@yahoogroups.com
                Doepfer_a100-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          • ddoepfer
            Message 5 of 22 , Oct 2, 2013
              yahoo@... or hardware@...

            • Scott Rogers
              Message 6 of 22 , Oct 2, 2013
                Yes. He said one of the modules took a long time. He had also mentioned to me earlier that things would be delayed in the summer because people were on vacation etc. Also something about a 2 week shut down. So I expected it to be a bit longer, although this was only my second order so I don't really know what "average" is anyway.

                Scott