RE: AW: [Doepfer_a100] Possibility of using an A-110 VCO as an LFO?

  • blair.cowan
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 30, 2013

      Deiter,

      thanks for your quick reply. I am not planning to modify my the A-110, so instead I will make sure I don't select the sawtooth waveform when  using the A-110 in LFO mode.

      Best wishes,

      Blair

      ---In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com, <doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >

      > this is probably a simple question, but can I use one of my A-110
      > VCOs as an LFO, when I do not need it to function as a VCO? I
      > think the frequency range goes low enough, and the option of 4
      > different waveforms (one of them pulse modulated!) suggests that
      > it would make an interesting modulation source for lower frequencies.
      >

      > Thanks,
      >

      > Blair

      This will work with all waveforms except the sawtooth because the sawtooth
      is AC coupled (via the 10uF capacitor C7). If you short C7 you will obtain a
      0..+10V DC coupled sawtooth (with C7 it's -5V...+5V AC coupled).

    • ddoepfer
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 30, 2013
        > Dieter,
        >
        > thank you for your quick reply. I am not planning to modify my
        > the A-110. Instead. I will make sure I don't select the sawtooth
        > waveform when using the A-110 in LFO mode.
        >
        > Best wishes,
        >
        > Blair

        You may use the saw for LFO applications (nothing can be damaged), but you will not obtain a usual saw but kind of a "high-passed" saw. The rising edge will remain the same but the linear slope will become the shape of a discharging capacitor. The lower the frequency the less perfect the saw shape will become.