Re: This appeared on the Analogue Heaven list - Have a listen

  • Josef Mueller
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 1, 2002
      Hi Charles,

      just I hear your vogelscheiss_1.mp3. Sounds great! How do you created
      the drum-sounds or the atmospheric sound?

      > > I'm always inspired by the sounds other people are drawing from
      their modular.

      We are also curious to know how you drawed/patched this sounds! Please
      make a patch available to the Modular-Planet for all other
      A-100-freaks! (Text like ‚connections/settings` is sufficient, the
      rest I will do.)

      Josef (on the Modular-Planet)

      -----

      BTW The Modular-Planet.de is now two years old!
      (Happy birthday... :-)))
    • unknown freak
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 1, 2002
        Thanks, Josef.

        I guess by drum sounds you mean the sort of stuttering rhythmic
        background bed. IIRC, that's a couple of A-111s tuned to an octave and
        running into the -24 dB highpass, which was tuned up pretty high and
        being modulated by an inversion of the output of the A-141 VC ADSR being
        gated by the square out of an LFO, and whose decay stage was being
        moduated by the triangle output of another LFO sync'd at about 1:3. On
        the longer decays, the fc of the highpass dips low enough to pick up
        more of the lower-tuned VCO. Recorded dry for maximum stacatto. You're
        welcome to paste the above into MP. Happy 2nd Birthday.

        Not sure which of the other patches is the "atmospheric" one, but if you
        hum a few bars I'll give it a shot.

      • Josef Mueller
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 1, 2002
          Hi Charles,

          thank you for the modul-connections of the drum-patch! But I think
          it`s not possible to re-create this patch without the knob-settings.
          Please betray your secret ;-)

          > Not sure which of the other patches is the "atmospheric" one, but if
          > you hum a few bars I'll give it a shot.

          I uploaded a few bars of your vogelscheiss_1.mp3. The URL is

          www.modular-planet.de/vogelscheiss_1-cut.mp3

          First you can hear the rhythm-part, then starts a harmony and a melody
          part. I mean the melody-part!

          Josef

          --- In Doepfer_a100@y..., unknown freak <cgraef@n...> wrote:
          > Thanks, Josef.
          >
          > I guess by drum sounds you mean the sort of stuttering rhythmic
          > background bed. IIRC, that's a couple of A-111s tuned to an octave
          and
          > running into the -24 dB highpass, which was tuned up pretty high and
          > being modulated by an inversion of the output of the A-141 VC ADSR
          being
          > gated by the square out of an LFO, and whose decay stage was being
          > moduated by the triangle output of another LFO sync'd at about 1:3.
          On
          > the longer decays, the fc of the highpass dips low enough to pick up
          > more of the lower-tuned VCO. Recorded dry for maximum stacatto.
          You're
          > welcome to paste the above into MP. Happy 2nd Birthday.
          >
          > Not sure which of the other patches is the "atmospheric" one, but if
          you
          > hum a few bars I'll give it a shot.

        • unknown freak
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 1, 2002
            I'm sorry, Josef, the actual knob settings are lost in the minijacks of
            time. And I realized there was another step in the rhythm sound
            involving adding harmonics with a sequenced VCO or filter prior to the
            highpass.

            The melody line's very simple, though. Just a keyboard-played line
            controlling a sawtooth VCO with a little light triangle LFO modulation
            around 8 hz., then routed to the Doepfer vocodoer, which does all the
            filtering and envelope, obviously. I shaped the vocoder notes by
            humming vowel sounds into a microphone. It takes a few passes, because
            otherwise I'd turn blue and pass out.

          • Josef Mueller
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 1, 2002
              > I'm sorry, Josef, the actual knob settings are lost

              What a pity :-((

              Josef