Re: [Doepfer_a100] Re: Hard synchronising VCO's

    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 25, 2013
      Hello

      In general: I cannot speak for Dieter, but I assume, he is adding these
      extensions to the schematics as suggestions for diyers with at least a
      little knowledge. If I was him, I would keep it that vague, so noone can
      complain about "works not like expected" as he does not set any expectation.

      Am 25.06.2013 10:39, schrieb Neal Layton:
      > Am I reading this correctly?
      Yes

      > If so what is their function and values?
      The function is attenuation.

      As value you may take 50k lin, but other values (10k <-> 500k) will be
      ok. Also whether you are using lin or log is more a matter of taste,
      than a technical necessity.

      Florian
    • Neal Layton
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 26, 2013
        Hi Florian,

        Many thanks for the reply.

        That all makes sense.

        I'm modifying one of my A110's for use with the Universal Vactrol A101.9, making a little 4hp module to sit alongside the A110, so I will try adding these extra two FM modifications as well which will fill up the remaining room on the blank nicely.

        Regards,

        Neal
      • Neal Layton
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 3, 2013
          Hello all,

          I've just one more quick question before I do this mod-

          There's a 0.1u capacitor with a switch in parallel marked AC/DC coupling.

          I wondered what the purpose of AC coupling was in this application?

          Thanks,

          Neal