Re: Hard synchronising VCO's

  • Neal Layton
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 25, 2013
      Hello all,

      This option for Soft sync, and looking at the schematic also perhaps linear FM option(?) looks interesting.

      However there appears to be Potentiometers with no value after their sockets in.

      Am I reading this correctly?

      If so what is their function and values?

      Thanks,

      Neal
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 25, 2013
        Hello

        In general: I cannot speak for Dieter, but I assume, he is adding these
        extensions to the schematics as suggestions for diyers with at least a
        little knowledge. If I was him, I would keep it that vague, so noone can
        complain about "works not like expected" as he does not set any expectation.

        Am 25.06.2013 10:39, schrieb Neal Layton:
        > Am I reading this correctly?
        Yes

        > If so what is their function and values?
        The function is attenuation.

        As value you may take 50k lin, but other values (10k <-> 500k) will be
        ok. Also whether you are using lin or log is more a matter of taste,
        than a technical necessity.

        Florian
      • Neal Layton
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 26, 2013
          Hi Florian,

          Many thanks for the reply.

          That all makes sense.

          I'm modifying one of my A110's for use with the Universal Vactrol A101.9, making a little 4hp module to sit alongside the A110, so I will try adding these extra two FM modifications as well which will fill up the remaining room on the blank nicely.

          Regards,

          Neal
        • Neal Layton
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 3, 2013
            Hello all,

            I've just one more quick question before I do this mod-

            There's a 0.1u capacitor with a switch in parallel marked AC/DC coupling.

            I wondered what the purpose of AC coupling was in this application?

            Thanks,

            Neal