Re: Hard synchronising VCO's

  • isoldeandisobelle
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 24, 2013
      Thank you very much for the reply - I will look in to this.

      Best wishes

      --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com, Florian Anwander <fanwander@...> wrote:

      > Hello
      >
      > Am 24.06.2013 12:58, schrieb isoldeandisobelle:
      > > is there a schematic on how to add this feature?
      > http://www.doepfer.de/a110.htm say:
      > "...For more detailed information please look at the user's manual
      > A110_man.pdf. In addition the A-110 service manual is available as an
      > example for the A-100 service manual that is available at extra charges.
      > ..."
      >
      > which links to: http://www.doepfer.de/a110_tec.htm
      >

      > Florian

    • Neal Layton
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 25, 2013
        Hello all,

        This option for Soft sync, and looking at the schematic also perhaps linear FM option(?) looks interesting.

        However there appears to be Potentiometers with no value after their sockets in.

        Am I reading this correctly?

        If so what is their function and values?

        Thanks,

        Neal
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 25, 2013
          Hello

          In general: I cannot speak for Dieter, but I assume, he is adding these
          extensions to the schematics as suggestions for diyers with at least a
          little knowledge. If I was him, I would keep it that vague, so noone can
          complain about "works not like expected" as he does not set any expectation.

          Am 25.06.2013 10:39, schrieb Neal Layton:
          > Am I reading this correctly?
          Yes

          > If so what is their function and values?
          The function is attenuation.

          As value you may take 50k lin, but other values (10k <-> 500k) will be
          ok. Also whether you are using lin or log is more a matter of taste,
          than a technical necessity.

          Florian
        • Neal Layton
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 26, 2013
            Hi Florian,

            Many thanks for the reply.

            That all makes sense.

            I'm modifying one of my A110's for use with the Universal Vactrol A101.9, making a little 4hp module to sit alongside the A110, so I will try adding these extra two FM modifications as well which will fill up the remaining room on the blank nicely.

            Regards,

            Neal
          • Neal Layton
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 3, 2013
              Hello all,

              I've just one more quick question before I do this mod-

              There's a 0.1u capacitor with a switch in parallel marked AC/DC coupling.

              I wondered what the purpose of AC coupling was in this application?

              Thanks,

              Neal