Re: [Doepfer_a100] MAQ or A155, and General mounting Cases or 19 inch rack mounts

  • analogmonster@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 21, 2013
      On 21 Jun 2013, at 09:07, "anoop.sahal" <draks@...> wrote:

      > Still planning my system!
      >
      > I am dithering between a MAQ and say 3(A-155 with A-154) and (2 x A-156, the dual quantiser)
      >
      > The latter looks better perhaps , but the former would sit nicely between my midi stuff and the A-100 units.
      >
      > I think the MAQ should inherit the genes of the A-100-look. Instead I think the MAQ looks too modern.
      >
      > What opinions are there about the 19 inch mounts. The A-100 cases are a little steeply priced and the cheap ones look, ....cheap.
      >
      > Do people make their own cases much?
      >
      > Are there any photo's of your systems I could look at?
      >
      > Thanks

      Ive been buying the diy psu kit 1 which come with bus boards and mounting rails. I then buy a schroff 3u 19 inch sub rack (i think 24563-191) for about £30 and replace the rails. Using some chip board i give it a back surface for mounting the bus boards. My woodworking skills arent great, so this has work out best for me.

      I also have the rails for building a suitcase synth, using an old record flight case. One of those projects sitting in the corner that I'll get to eventually.

    • niroke
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 22, 2013
        Wow! I forgot to mention another obvious plus for the MAQ...

        30 memory locations. Thirty isn't much, but it's thirty more than the A-155.

        Check out this blog post I just made about the A-155 as an "audio sequencer".

        http://niroke.blogspot.com/2013/06/using-doepfer-155-to-re-arrange-audio.html

        Nick