Re: A-171-2 VC Slew Processor/Generator LFO & VCO rates

  • codotinc
    Message 1 of 11 , May 14, 2013
      Thanks, Dieter.

      Wow, that sounds like exactly what I need! Very excited about this.

      Cheers,
      Jon

      --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com, <yahoo@...> wrote:

      > > Excellent news! Do we have any more information yet regarding the
      > > LFO rate and audio range when used as a VCO? Cheers!
      >
      > The range of the controls is very extreme (much more than usually in A-100
      > modules). In cycle mode the max. frequency is about 2kHz without external CV
      > and about 4-5kHz with external CV when linear waveforms are selected. The
      > longest period is about 20 seconds without external CV. But the settings of
      > the shape switches (exp/lin), the CV inputs and the CV polarizers also
      > affect the frequency. With external CV and appropriate settings of the
      > switches and CV controls the longest period is much more (many minutes,
      > probably even an hour or more.
      >
      > The module cannot be used really as a 1V/Oct musically scaled VCO as the
      > scale is far away from 1V/oct and is also very temperature sensitive. It's a
      > copy of the original Serge/VCS design with all it's advantages and
      > disadvantages. That's why the corresponding CV input is called "exp.CV"
      > rather than 1V/Oct in the original module.

    • codotinc
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 30, 2013
        Hi Dieter and Co.,

        Guessing the first batch of these must've sold out before they made it down to the Southern Hemisphere!

        Any word on when we can expect these at either Analogue Haven or Equinox Oz?

        Still very excited about getting one (maybe two) of these!

        Cheers,
        Jon

        --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com, "codotinc" <doubleopards@...> wrote:

        > Thanks, Dieter.
        >
        > Wow, that sounds like exactly what I need! Very excited about this.
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Jon
        >
        > --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com, <yahoo@> wrote:
        > >
        > > > Excellent news! Do we have any more information yet regarding the
        > > > LFO rate and audio range when used as a VCO? Cheers!
        > >
        > > The range of the controls is very extreme (much more than usually in A-100
        > > modules). In cycle mode the max. frequency is about 2kHz without external CV
        > > and about 4-5kHz with external CV when linear waveforms are selected. The
        > > longest period is about 20 seconds without external CV. But the settings of
        > > the shape switches (exp/lin), the CV inputs and the CV polarizers also
        > > affect the frequency. With external CV and appropriate settings of the
        > > switches and CV controls the longest period is much more (many minutes,
        > > probably even an hour or more.
        > >
        > > The module cannot be used really as a 1V/Oct musically scaled VCO as the
        > > scale is far away from 1V/oct and is also very temperature sensitive. It's a
        > > copy of the original Serge/VCS design with all it's advantages and
        > > disadvantages. That's why the corresponding CV input is called "exp.CV"
        > > rather than 1V/Oct in the original module.
        > >
        > > Best wishes
        > > Dieter Doepfer

      • ddoepfer
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 30, 2013
          > Hi Dieter and Co.,
          >
          > Guessing the first batch of these must've sold out before they
          > made it down to the Southern Hemisphere!
          >
          > Any word on when we can expect these at either Analogue Haven or
          > Equinox Oz?
          >
          > Still very excited about getting one (maybe two) of these!
          >
          > Cheers,
          > Jon

          Please contact Analogue Haven directly. The A-171-2 are in stock here in
          Germany as the second batch has already arrived. It depends upon the order
          plans of each representative when new modules will be available in the
          corresponding country.

        • lerake
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 2, 2013
            Shawn at Analogue Haven told me in June that it would be in the July shipment, and when I checked with him again in mid-August he said it would be coming at the end of August, and he would be updating the website when it arrived.  Still no word.
            The U.S. is a big country -- it would be nice if there were also an East Coast representative (Control in Brooklyn would be excellent).
            Ernst