Re: A160-2 poll - fibonacci and prime dividers

  • Nick
    Message 1 of 25 , Mar 1, 2013
      Hi Martin

      The idea behind dividers using prime numbers is that they would be arhythmic, good at non-repeating patterns.
      I've had a reply from Nicholas at erthenvar, who said,

      "I'll add you to a list for a Fibonacci. I have assembled units but I'm missing 1 piece which is in storage, so I hope it won't be too long. I chose to do Odd instead of Prime. Unfortunately I seem to have chosen wrong because many folks request Prime."

      He suggests that there's not a great deal of difference between
      Odd 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17, 19 and
      Prime 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 15, 17, 19.
      and there's a deal of truth in that, though, of course, 15 is non-prime. And you don't really need the one, so 23 might fit on.

      Cheers, Nick

      --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com, Martin Klang <mars@...> wrote:

      > I make a vc divider:
      > http://www.rebeltech.org/modules/logoi/
      >
      > It only goes up to 1/32 though, unless you reprogram it.
      > What did you want to achieve?
      >
      > Martin
      >
      > On 28 Feb 2013, at 20:31, Nick wrote:
      >
      > > I guess nothing came of this. There was discussion of fibonacci and
      > > prime dividers and I came across these from Erthenvar
      > > <http://erthenvar.com/store/euromodules/div> - the fibonacci has not
      > > been released yet.Are there any other alternatives available?Cheers,
      > > Nick

    • William Belote
      Message 2 of 25 , Mar 2, 2013
        Gentlemen,

        Put me down as interested in either prime or odd.

        Bill