Re: how do i check what PSU in my Doepfer A-100G6

  • NetPierre
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 24, 2013
      Hi Peter,
      See my post at http://patchpierre.blogspot.nl/2012/07/doepfer-power-supplies.html

      Pierre Serné / PatchPierre / NetPierre

      --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com, Peter Sedin <peterhksedin@...> wrote:

      > I have two of these and like to check what versions there is and maby
      > upgrade it to Doepfer A-100PSU2
      > if it´not that version already that is.
      > How do i check this?
      > Is it easy to change the PSU??
      >
      > --
      >

      > Mvh
      >
      > Peter H.K Sedin

    • Zoë Blade
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 24, 2013
        > I have two of these and like to check what versions there is and maby
        > upgrade it to Doepfer A-100PSU2
        > if it´not that version already that is.
        > How do i check this?
        > Is it easy to change the PSU??

        If I understand correctly, the second version has the round shape as pictured at http://www.doepfer.de/a100z_e.htm plus the back of the case should have a small white label near the mains socket with "Power Supply II" written on it. :)

        Hope that helps,
        Zoë.
      • James Husted
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 24, 2013
          On the portable versions of the case, if you have the front mounted PS panel it will say "Power Supply II" on a label above the Caution sticker. Also on the portable cases the ones with the Type I power supplies were 85HP wide and the PSII ones are 84HP but there may have been some overlap during the transition. I have 2 of each and that are like that.
          -James

          On Feb 24, 2013, at 7:45 AM, Zoë Blade <zoe@...> wrote:

          >> I have two of these and like to check what versions there is and maby
          >> upgrade it to Doepfer A-100PSU2
          >> if it´not that version already that is.
          >> How do i check this?
          >> Is it easy to change the PSU??
          >
          > If I understand correctly, the second version has the round shape as pictured at http://www.doepfer.de/a100z_e.htm plus the back of the case should have a small white label near the mains socket with "Power Supply II" written on it. :)
          >
          > Hope that helps,
          > Zoë.

        • Peter Sedin
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 24, 2013
            ok thanks to you all, so i only need to change the power supply to the new
            one?
            checked, one is new and one is old.. im getting more and more digital
            modules so it might be good to change the old one..

            2013/2/24 James Husted <james.husted@...>

            > **
            >

            > On the portable versions of the case, if you have the front mounted PS
            > panel it will say "Power Supply II" on a label above the Caution sticker.
            > Also on the portable cases the ones with the Type I power supplies were
            > 85HP wide and the PSII ones are 84HP but there may have been some overlap
            > during the transition. I have 2 of each and that are like that.
            > -James
            >

            > On Feb 24, 2013, at 7:45 AM, Zo� Blade zoe@...> wrote:
            >
            > >> I have two of these and like to check what versions there is and maby
            > >> upgrade it to Doepfer A-100PSU2
            > >> if it�not that version already that is.
            > >> How do i check this?
            > >> Is it easy to change the PSU??
            > >
            > > If I understand correctly, the second version has the round shape as
            > pictured at http://www.doepfer.de/a100z_e.htm plus the back of the case
            > should have a small white label near the mains socket with "Power Supply
            > II" written on it. :)
            > >
            > > Hope that helps,
            > > Zo�.

            Mvh

            Peter H.K Sedin

          • Peter Sedin
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 24, 2013
              hm.. i looked at the PSU and there is a LOT of cbles connected to it! sure
              it�s not soldered? hm.. maby it�s a good thing taking a couple of
              snapshots so i will know what goes where..
              peace

              --

              Mvh

              Peter H.K Sedin