Re: [Doepfer_a100] Can I mod a A-152 to do this?

  • Jesse Buehler
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 2, 2013
      Perhaps, but keep in mind it also covers the a-161, a-149-1 and the gate aspects of the a-152. For all of that, $250 is not that bad.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Feb 2, 2013, at 3:58 PM, James Husted <james.husted@...> wrote:

      > The V-Gate function mentioned as "A clock output is available that produces a 1 millisecond (ms) pulse for each change of output state." is exactly what I am looking for from the A-152. I am hoping that there is an internal logic function of the A-152 that can be exploited to do this. I imagine that the A-152 internally functions like this: Inputs summed to A/D converter, value read, value sent to a counter or demux and the output of that runs the sub modules. Hopefully there is a accessible signal somewhere that changes state whenever a new number is fed the counter/demux. The V-gates is a neat module but more than I want to spend right now.
      > -James
      >
      > On Feb 2, 2013, at 4:42 AM, Jesse Buehler pulsewidth2@...> wrote:
      >
      > > James, Synthetic Sound Lab's V-Gates will do this. In its Analog mode, cv input can be swept in different ways to its 8 outputs as triggers. It also produces a single trigger out each time that threshold of each trigger level is passed. It's a very complex module, and is capable of doing much more even.
      > >
      > > Sent from my iPad

    • ddoepfer
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 4, 2013

        This is also available as an internal "hidden" feature since about 2005.
        The RC4 port pin of the microcontroller (pin 6) outputs a short pulse
        whenever the address changes. The signal is also available at the expansion
        connector on pin 2. Pay attention that the signal is not buffered and not
        protected against short or electrostatic charge (it's the "pure" RC4 port
        signal). The microprocessor will be damaged if a voltage or GND is applied
        to this pin. You have to add a suitable buffer to protect the processor. Do
        not simply connect it to a socket !

      • James Husted
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 4, 2013
          Thank You Dieter! I was sure that something like this was available. I will probably make something like this to attach to it:

          Nice that it is on an expansion connector too. What else shows up on that expansion connector?
          -James

          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 4, 2013
            Forgot - no attachments in this forum! basically The thing I attached was a transistor circuit (2N5088) and some resistors and a LED to drive the output jack. It should isolate the processor fine. I will attach it to the expansion header so no mods to the board itself. That is why I asked about what else is on that header. Might as well bring out whatever I can since I will be making a panel for it.
            -James

            On Feb 4, 2013, at 10:21 AM, James Husted <james.husted@...> wrote:

            > Thank You Dieter! I was sure that something like this was available. I will probably make something like this to attach to it:
            >

            > Nice that it is on an expansion connector too. What else shows up on that expansion connector?
            > -James

          • ddoepfer
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 5, 2013
              > Thank You Dieter! I was sure that something like this was
              > available. I will probably make something like this to attach to it:
              >

              > Nice that it is on an expansion connector too. What else shows up
              > on that expansion connector?
              > -James

              One row of the expansion connetor is connected to GND. The five pins of the
              other row are connected to the port pins RC0...RC4 of the PIC processor. So
              far only RC4 has a meaning (as described in my last email).

            • charles kerr
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 6, 2013
                Hi James,

                I'd be interested to see your expansion circuit if possible, sounds like a cool addition to the 152! Would it be possible to email it to me or drop it into the file box?

                Thanks,

                Charlie

                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 7, 2013
                  Let me try it out first. It is very simple. It will be based on a variation of this circuit fragment - https://www.dropbox.com/s/d4zuu4p62nvwccn/driver.jpg
                  I may have to add some stuff to extend the pulse a bit, to make it longer than it is. I will see how it works first.
                  -James