Re: Dark Energy not responding to midi

  • Robert Crouch
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 1, 2013
      Turns out it's not the glide option after all.

      I think I need to send it in for repair.

      :-(

      --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Crouch" wrote:

      > I installed the glide kit to my Dark Energy a while ago and lately the internal midi-cv converter has been giving me problems. Every so often it just stops responding to any incoming midi signal, either through the USB or midi ports. I reinstalled the glide control and that seems to clear it up, and every so often I would have to remove and reinstall the thing to get the unit to respond to midi.
      >
      > Today it stopped responding at all, so to troubleshoot it I decided to remove the glide knob to see if maybe it's faulty. In order to install the glide I had to remove in internal jumper, and now I can't find it where I stored it. Does anyone know off hand what kind of jumper I need to buy?
      >
      > Also if this is not a case of a bad glide knob, is there any place in the US that can repair the unit or will it need to be sent back to Doepfer?
      >
      > Thanks in advance for the advice!

    • ddoepfer
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 4, 2013
        Did you (re-)install a jumper to the pin header JP4 on the interface/supply
        board instead of the glide option ?

        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 4, 2013
          Yes I did. The problem is fairly consistent where it received midi fine until it's been plugged in for a while, then it just stops. I have to unplug it for anywhere between 10 and 30 minutes before it starts working again.

          I should probably send it to Analogue Haven and have them look at it.

          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 5, 2013
            > Yes I did. The problem is fairly consistent where it received
            > midi fine until it's been plugged in for a while, then it just
            > stops. I have to unplug it for anywhere between 10 and 30 minutes
            > before it starts working again.
            >
            > I should probably send it to Analogue Haven and have them look at it.

            Yes, please return the unit for repair and add a short description of the
            fault. Maybe it's a thermal problem.

            Thank you
            Dieter Doepfer
          • Robert Crouch