Re: [Doepfer_a100] Dark Energy not responding to midi

    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 21, 2013
      Hi

      Jumpers like these are standard: They are 0.1 Inch / 2.54 mm Jumpers.
      Everyone who has an old Computermainboard laying around could pick a
      jumper from it and give it you.

      Regarding the Interface itself I cannot help you unfortunaly.

      Florian

      Am 21.01.2013 03:05, schrieb Robert Crouch:
      > I installed the glide kit to my Dark Energy a while ago and lately the internal midi-cv converter has been giving me problems. Every so often it just stops responding to any incoming midi signal, either through the USB or midi ports. I reinstalled the glide control and that seems to clear it up, and every so often I would have to remove and reinstall the thing to get the unit to respond to midi.
      >
      > Today it stopped responding at all, so to troubleshoot it I decided to remove the glide knob to see if maybe it's faulty. In order to install the glide I had to remove in internal jumper, and now I can't find it where I stored it. Does anyone know off hand what kind of jumper I need to buy?
      >
      > Also if this is not a case of a bad glide knob, is there any place in the US that can repair the unit or will it need to be sent back to Doepfer?
      >
      > Thanks in advance for the advice!

    • ddoepfer
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 21, 2013
        > I installed the glide kit to my Dark Energy a while ago and
        > lately the internal midi-cv converter has been giving me
        > problems. Every so often it just stops responding to any incoming
        > midi signal, either through the USB or midi ports. I reinstalled
        > the glide control and that seems to clear it up, and every so
        > often I would have to remove and reinstall the thing to get the
        > unit to respond to midi.
        >
        > Today it stopped responding at all, so to troubleshoot it I
        > decided to remove the glide knob to see if maybe it's faulty. In
        > order to install the glide I had to remove in internal jumper,
        > and now I can't find it where I stored it. Does anyone know off
        > hand what kind of jumper I need to buy?
        >
        > Also if this is not a case of a bad glide knob, is there any
        > place in the US that can repair the unit or will it need to be
        > sent back to Doepfer?
        >
        > Thanks in advance for the advice!

        Probably the potentiometer of the Glide Option is faulty. Please ask the
        dealer where you purchased the Glide Option for a free replacement. We will
        send a Glide Option for free to the dealer if he asks. Temporarily you may
        use one of the unused jumpers of the Dark Energy to undo the glide function.
        I'm quite sure that one of the other jumpers is not necessary. The document
        on our website describes the function of all jumpers:

        http://www.doepfer.de/pdf/Dark_Energy_technical_information.pdf

      • Sean Dynan
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 21, 2013
          I used to have a problem very like this with the Dark Energy MkI. At the risk of insulting your intelligence have you tried unplugging and reinserting the USB cable?

          --
          Sean
        • Robert Crouch
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 21, 2013
            Wow, thank you Dieter!

            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 21, 2013
              LOL no insult at all. Yes I tried that first and for a while it was helping. Yesterday not so much.

              :-(

              --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com, Sean Dynan wrote:

              > I used to have a problem very like this with the Dark Energy MkI. At the risk of insulting your intelligence have you tried unplugging and reinserting the USB cable?
              >
              > --
              > Sean

            • Robert Crouch
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 21, 2013
                Thanks!

                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 1 10:02 AM
                  Turns out it's not the glide option after all.

                  I think I need to send it in for repair.

                  :-(

                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 4 12:54 AM
                    Did you (re-)install a jumper to the pin header JP4 on the interface/supply
                    board instead of the glide option ?

                    Message 9 of 12 , Feb 4 11:12 AM
                      Yes I did. The problem is fairly consistent where it received midi fine until it's been plugged in for a while, then it just stops. I have to unplug it for anywhere between 10 and 30 minutes before it starts working again.

                      I should probably send it to Analogue Haven and have them look at it.

                      Message 10 of 12 , Feb 5 12:38 AM
                        > Yes I did. The problem is fairly consistent where it received
                        > midi fine until it's been plugged in for a while, then it just
                        > stops. I have to unplug it for anywhere between 10 and 30 minutes
                        > before it starts working again.
                        >
                        > I should probably send it to Analogue Haven and have them look at it.

                        Yes, please return the unit for repair and add a short description of the
                        fault. Maybe it's a thermal problem.

                        Thank you
                        Dieter Doepfer
                      • Robert Crouch