Re: [Doepfer_a100] A-171-2 VCS

  • Zoë Blade
    Message 1 of 26 , Dec 14, 2012
      Ah, yes, csound can predict which note's coming up next because it's rendering a score, so it can just look ahead as if it's seeing the future. This is kinda confusing when you first start using it, as (if I remember correctly) the envelop generators take into account when the note off signal will occur, before it's happened. Nice enough for academic theory, but I do like doing everything in real time. :)

      The TB-303's sequencer, or rather the concept of a digital step sequencer with accent and slide in general, is a really good one, especially in a modular context so you get to choose the filter, what the accent controls (eg toggling high and lowpass outputs of a multimode filter using a VC switch), and so on. Hence my partner and I are building a digital step sequencer to use with my A-100: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiV_uZcucrQ

      Anyway, the fun joking question has some interesting serious answers. :D

      All the best,
      Zoë.
    • Jesse Buehler
      Message 2 of 26 , Dec 14, 2012
        I say keep the switches. I don't have th on my quad slope but I really, really wish it did! I'd rather an offset/attenuator for the far fewer times I've used bipolar outs.

        Ymmv of course.

        Sent from my iPhone

        Message 3 of 26 , Dec 14, 2012
          Regarding the bipolar attenuators. Could I humbly suggest 'center detent'
          pots?

          Ernst