AW: [Doepfer_a100] Re: Latest info from Dieter about new / forthcoming A100 modules!

    Message 1 of 27 , Nov 26, 2012
      > A180-2, yes please....

      It will be manufactured definitely. I think it will be available early next
      year. It took not much time to modify the pc board but it will take some
      time until the new front panels and pc boards are available and the first
      modules are produced.

      Message 2 of 27 , Nov 26, 2012
        Hello Dieter

        > (e.g. 8/16). But the problem is that the front panel printing will not
        > change with the jumper setting :-)
        Simply name them "Clock I" and "Clock II".

        Here my suggestion:

        Left row:
        * start/stop gate-out
        * start trigger-out
        * stop trigger-out
        * reset trigger-out
        * Measure 1-out

        Right row:
        * start/stop button (synchro-start function)
        * start/stop trigger-In (synchro-start function)
        * clock 96-out
        * clock I-out
        * clock II-out

        The division factor for Clock I and II can be set by jumpers.

        It would be great to have some of the signals on a 10 pin pinhead
        connector on the pcb (Start/Stop, reset, 96th, 16th, measure-1). One
        could use it as an internal bus for additional modules like downward
        counters/dividers (also for uneven divisions), which again could serve
        as address counters for trigger sequencers....

        (I started think about something like that some time ago, but did not
        get on with it...
        http://fa.utfs.org/diy/triggersequencer/sequencer_rough.png)

        Florian

        --
        http://fa.utfs.org/
        Message 3 of 27 , Nov 26, 2012
          the layout Florian Suggests seems great to me.

          (the only thing is that you would have to remember what divisions are the Clock I and Clock II outputs, as these are set by jumpers. but you can't have everything.)

          Bakis

          ________________________________

          --
          http://fa.utfs.org/

        • Os
          Message 4 of 27 , Nov 26, 2012
            > If there are sufficient inquiries we may offer a special cable with two 3.5 jack plugs on one side
            > and a DIN plug on the other."

            Like these?
            http://postmodular.co.uk/expert-sleepers/dj-1200-dinsync3-5mm-jack

            :)

            os.

            os@...
            http://twitter.com/expertsleepers
            http://www.darkroomtheband.net/
            http://www.expert-sleepers.co.uk/
            Message 5 of 27 , Nov 26, 2012
              > > If there are sufficient inquiries we may offer a special cable
              > with two 3.5 jack plugs on one side
              > > and a DIN plug on the other."
              >
              > Like these?
              > http://postmodular.co.uk/expert-sleepers/dj-1200-dinsync3-5mm-jack
              >
              > :)
              >
              > os.

              Exactly. And £5.52 is an excellent price. I have no idea how they can make
              this price because it probably does not cover the working time and spare
              part charges.

              Message 6 of 27 , Nov 27, 2012
                > the layout Florian Suggests seems great to me.
                >
                > (the only thing is that you would have to remember what divisions
                > are the Clock I and Clock II outputs, as these are set by
                > jumpers. but you can't have everything.)
                >
                > Bakis

                information about version 2 of the planned A-190-8 is now on our website
                (www.doepfer.de/A1908.htm)

                Message 7 of 27 , Nov 27, 2012
                  Hello Dieter

                  Am 27.11.2012 15:58, schrieb yahoo@...:
                  > information about version 2 of the planned A-190-8 is now on our website
                  > (www.doepfer.de/A1908.htm)
                  It is missing now the Start/Stop-Gate, which you would need for DIN-Sync.

                  http://fa.utfs.org/
                  Message 8 of 27 , Nov 27, 2012
                    > Hello Dieter
                    >
                    > Am 27.11.2012 15:58, schrieb yahoo@...:
                    > > information about version 2 of the planned A-190-8 is now on our website
                    > > (www.doepfer.de/A1908.htm)
                    > It is missing now the Start/Stop-Gate, which you would need for DIN-Sync.
                    >

                    > Florian

                    No. For the start output one can choose the pulse or gate mode. Look at the
                    words on the info page.

                    Dieter
                    Message 9 of 27 , Nov 27, 2012
                      Hi Dieter

                      > Look at the words on the info page.
                      As you know I am a simple structured person. I am reacting on pictures
                      only ;-))))

                      nope: The description reads like a perfect device. You should do this as
                      a standalone unit with a DIN-Socket for the DIN-Sync out too! Call it
                      MSY3 :)

                      http://fa.utfs.org/
                      Message 10 of 27 , Nov 27, 2012
                        > Hi Dieter
                        >
                        > > Look at the words on the info page.
                        > As you know I am a simple structured person. I am reacting on pictures
                        > only ;-))))

                        I discovered that whithin the A-100 there is no difference between a "pure"
                        start signal (short pulse) and the "gated" start/stop because only the
                        rising edge of the start signal is used in combination with A-155 or A-154.
                        So there is no need for a separate start socket (short pulse only) and the
                        "gated" start/stop socket. The gated start/stop can be used for both A-100
                        and DIN Sync.

                        > nope: The description reads like a perfect device. You should do this as
                        > a standalone unit with a DIN-Socket for the DIN-Sync out too! Call it
                        > MSY3 :)

                        Maybe. But the pcb board has to be redesigned because of the adaption to the
                        stand alone version (built in power supply and arrangement of the sockets
                        and controls).

                        Have a nice evening
                        Dieter
                        Message 11 of 27 , Nov 27, 2012
                          great device!!! i will need one for sure!!

                          the suggestion from Florian for the synced button, and gate input, makes it really special!

                          Bakis