AW: [Doepfer_a100] Re: Latest info from Dieter about new / forthcoming A100 modules!

    Message 1 of 27 , Nov 26, 2012
      > A180-2, yes please....

      It will be manufactured definitely. I think it will be available early next
      year. It took not much time to modify the pc board but it will take some
      time until the new front panels and pc boards are available and the first
      modules are produced.

      Message 2 of 27 , Nov 26, 2012
        Hi Florian,

        I think we will replace the top right socket (Start) by a momentary switch
        and change the direction of socket below the socket to input (instead of
        output). The function of the remaining output sockets could follow the
        results of an upcoming poll. There are also 3 internal jumpers. One is
        already reserved for the output voltage levels (+5V/+12V). The remaining two
        jumpers could be used e.g. to define the clock divider of one or two sockets
        (e.g. 8/16). But the problem is that the front panel printing will not
        change with the jumper setting :-) So the best conception would be to find a
        solution that satisfies most users.

        These functions are essential to control some A-100 modules (e.g. A-155 or
        A-154)

        * Start
        * Stop
        * Reset
        * Clock (32 or 16 or 8 or ...)

        These two outputs are required for applications with Roland DIN Sync
        (potentially with a special cable 2x3.5 -> DIN):

        * Start/Stop (or reverse),
        * Clock 96, required for applications with Roland DIN Sync

        And it's a good idea to have the "1" signal:

        * Measure start (1)

        Then 2 sockets are left for clock outputs, e.g. 32/16 or 16/8. Another
        version would be only one clock output and a three-position switch for
        32/16/8. But then only one clock output is available. If other clocks are
        required the A-160 or A-161 may be used.

        Best wishes
        Dieter

        Message 3 of 27 , Nov 26, 2012
          Hello Dieter

          > (e.g. 8/16). But the problem is that the front panel printing will not
          > change with the jumper setting :-)
          Simply name them "Clock I" and "Clock II".

          Here my suggestion:

          Left row:
          * start/stop gate-out
          * start trigger-out
          * stop trigger-out
          * reset trigger-out
          * Measure 1-out

          Right row:
          * start/stop button (synchro-start function)
          * start/stop trigger-In (synchro-start function)
          * clock 96-out
          * clock I-out
          * clock II-out

          The division factor for Clock I and II can be set by jumpers.

          It would be great to have some of the signals on a 10 pin pinhead
          connector on the pcb (Start/Stop, reset, 96th, 16th, measure-1). One
          could use it as an internal bus for additional modules like downward
          counters/dividers (also for uneven divisions), which again could serve
          as address counters for trigger sequencers....

          (I started think about something like that some time ago, but did not
          get on with it...
          http://fa.utfs.org/diy/triggersequencer/sequencer_rough.png)

          Florian

          --
          http://fa.utfs.org/
          Message 4 of 27 , Nov 26, 2012
            the layout Florian Suggests seems great to me.

            (the only thing is that you would have to remember what divisions are the Clock I and Clock II outputs, as these are set by jumpers. but you can't have everything.)

            Bakis

            ________________________________

            --
            http://fa.utfs.org/

          • Os
            Message 5 of 27 , Nov 26, 2012
              > If there are sufficient inquiries we may offer a special cable with two 3.5 jack plugs on one side
              > and a DIN plug on the other."

              Like these?
              http://postmodular.co.uk/expert-sleepers/dj-1200-dinsync3-5mm-jack

              :)

              os.

              os@...
              http://twitter.com/expertsleepers
              http://www.darkroomtheband.net/
              http://www.expert-sleepers.co.uk/
              Message 6 of 27 , Nov 26, 2012
                > > If there are sufficient inquiries we may offer a special cable
                > with two 3.5 jack plugs on one side
                > > and a DIN plug on the other."
                >
                > Like these?
                > http://postmodular.co.uk/expert-sleepers/dj-1200-dinsync3-5mm-jack
                >
                > :)
                >
                > os.

                Exactly. And £5.52 is an excellent price. I have no idea how they can make
                this price because it probably does not cover the working time and spare
                part charges.

                Message 7 of 27 , Nov 27, 2012
                  > the layout Florian Suggests seems great to me.
                  >
                  > (the only thing is that you would have to remember what divisions
                  > are the Clock I and Clock II outputs, as these are set by
                  > jumpers. but you can't have everything.)
                  >
                  > Bakis

                  information about version 2 of the planned A-190-8 is now on our website
                  (www.doepfer.de/A1908.htm)

                  Message 8 of 27 , Nov 27, 2012
                    Hello Dieter

                    Am 27.11.2012 15:58, schrieb yahoo@...:
                    > information about version 2 of the planned A-190-8 is now on our website
                    > (www.doepfer.de/A1908.htm)
                    It is missing now the Start/Stop-Gate, which you would need for DIN-Sync.

                    http://fa.utfs.org/
                    Message 9 of 27 , Nov 27, 2012
                      > Hello Dieter
                      >
                      > Am 27.11.2012 15:58, schrieb yahoo@...:
                      > > information about version 2 of the planned A-190-8 is now on our website
                      > > (www.doepfer.de/A1908.htm)
                      > It is missing now the Start/Stop-Gate, which you would need for DIN-Sync.
                      >

                      > Florian

                      No. For the start output one can choose the pulse or gate mode. Look at the
                      words on the info page.

                      Dieter
                      Message 10 of 27 , Nov 27, 2012
                        Hi Dieter

                        > Look at the words on the info page.
                        As you know I am a simple structured person. I am reacting on pictures
                        only ;-))))

                        nope: The description reads like a perfect device. You should do this as
                        a standalone unit with a DIN-Socket for the DIN-Sync out too! Call it
                        MSY3 :)

                        http://fa.utfs.org/
                        Message 11 of 27 , Nov 27, 2012
                          > Hi Dieter
                          >
                          > > Look at the words on the info page.
                          > As you know I am a simple structured person. I am reacting on pictures
                          > only ;-))))

                          I discovered that whithin the A-100 there is no difference between a "pure"
                          start signal (short pulse) and the "gated" start/stop because only the
                          rising edge of the start signal is used in combination with A-155 or A-154.
                          So there is no need for a separate start socket (short pulse only) and the
                          "gated" start/stop socket. The gated start/stop can be used for both A-100
                          and DIN Sync.

                          > nope: The description reads like a perfect device. You should do this as
                          > a standalone unit with a DIN-Socket for the DIN-Sync out too! Call it
                          > MSY3 :)

                          Maybe. But the pcb board has to be redesigned because of the adaption to the
                          stand alone version (built in power supply and arrangement of the sockets
                          and controls).

                          Have a nice evening
                          Dieter
                          Message 12 of 27 , Nov 27, 2012
                            great device!!! i will need one for sure!!

                            the suggestion from Florian for the synced button, and gate input, makes it really special!

                            Bakis