is A-141 fast enough for percussion/clicky stuff?

  • midihooker666
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 31, 2012
      Hello! I´m finlay building a little system here.. looking for some god adsr for percussion (main thing for me right now). Is A-141 fast enough for this? also looking at cwejman modules everybody says should be used for this but these are expensive!
      any thouhgt to a newbee like me on this? also says hello to old fiends from AH list :)
      peace
      peter from sweden
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 31, 2012
        the A140 is pretty fast and should be ok for what you want.
        not cv-controlled though.

        Bakis Sirros
        www. parallel - worlds - music. com
        www. facebook. com/ pages/Parallel-Worlds/192093934136476
        www. myspace. com/ interconnectedmusic
        www. myspace. com/ memorygeist
        www. DiN. org. uk
        www. vu-us. com

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 31, 2012
          >> looking for some god adsr for percussion (main thing for me right now). Is A-141 fast enough for this?

          > the A140 is pretty fast and should be ok for what you want.
          > not cv-controlled though.

          I'll second this. It's got a switch to toggle between slow, medium and fast. It can get plenty fast enough even on the medium setting. :) With just a white noise module (A-117 or A-118), the A-140, a multimode filter and ideally a curveball such as the A-199 spring reverb (which can sound very metallic with percussive white noise, like hitting a massive metal drum, sort of), you can make a whole wealth of interesting percussive sounds. Then you just need a MIDI to CV converter like the A-190-2 to actually trigger the envelope generator and you're all set for percussion!

          >> also looking at cwejman modules everybody says should be used for this but these are expensive!

          I haven't used any Cwejman modules, so can't really comment on those. I hear they're very good, but my motto's to get several inexpensive and versatile modules instead, so I can make a wider variety of sounds. Doepfer's modules are ideal for this!

          All the best,
          Zoë.
        • Rudy
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 31, 2012
            I often use my A-141 for hi hats with cv control of release to create close -open effect.
            I t can be pretty snappy and clicky! But as a starting system I would go with 2 A-140

            --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com, "midihooker666" <peterhksedin@...> wrote:

            > Hello! I´m finlay building a little system here.. looking for some god adsr for percussion (main thing for me right now). Is A-141 fast enough for this? also looking at cwejman modules everybody says should be used for this but these are expensive!
            > any thouhgt to a newbee like me on this? also says hello to old fiends from AH list :)
            > peace
            > peter from sweden

          • midihooker666
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 8, 2012
              yes that why i looked at 1-141 cause i like to control the decay..

              --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com, Bakis Sirros <synth_freak_2000@...> wrote:

              > the A140 is pretty fast and should be ok for what you want.
              > not cv-controlled though.
              >

              > Bakis Sirros
              > www. parallel - worlds - music. com
              > www. facebook. com/ pages/Parallel-Worlds/192093934136476
              > www. myspace. com/ interconnectedmusic
              > www. myspace. com/ memorygeist
              > www. DiN. org. uk
              > www. vu-us. com
              >

              > ________________________________

            • Peter Sedin
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 8, 2012
                thanks for your reply Zoe..
                I have a Cirklon sequencer i just bought the CVIO board to wich give med 8
                gates and 16cv outputs, 32 patterns. so i have the trigging sourted out as
                those gates can be anywhere from 2ms as shortest..
                I now also have looked at a-101-2 lowpassgate wich seems like yet another
                way to make short percussion stuff.. controlling decay is essential i think
                to make cool evolving percussion.. I also looking to buy a malekko wiard
                borg filter (also a lowpassgate)..
                peace out..
                peter

                --