Doepfer A188-2 Tapped BBD question

  • Raul
    Message 1 of 2 , May 8 9:31 PM
      Hello group. Had a minor question regarding the BBD individual outputs. Is the raw output fom each tap a result or sum of the settings from each of the two output mixes?

      For example if the setting on the 396 tap on output 1 mix is +2 and on output 2 mix is +3 the does the individual output of the 396 tap carry the sum of those two settings?
      If this is indeed the case would equal positive and negative settings at the same tap achieve no signal?

      Sorry if this over explains the matter, I had a little difficulty articulating this.

      Thanks for any help in understanding this.

      Raul
      Message 2 of 2 , May 9 12:51 AM
        > Hello group. Had a minor question regarding the BBD individual
        > outputs. Is the raw output fom each tap a result or sum of the
        > settings from each of the two output mixes?
        >
        > For example if the setting on the 396 tap on output 1 mix is +2
        > and on output 2 mix is +3 the does the individual output of the
        > 396 tap carry the sum of those two settings?
        > If this is indeed the case would equal positive and negative
        > settings at the same tap achieve no signal?
        >
        > Sorry if this over explains the matter, I had a little difficulty
        > articulating this.
        >
        > Thanks for any help in understanding this.
        >
        > Raul

        Raul,

        please refer to the A-188-2 module scheme in the user manual or on the
        A-188-2 info page on our website. The individual outputs are connected
        directly to the tap outputs of the BBD circuit (i.e. these are the
        unprocessed six outputs of the BBD circuit pre mix controls).