Installing a second PSU in a G6 case

  • ricardo
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2011
      Hi, I want put some yellow tube modules in a G6 case that I have here but as some of you might know they take too much power and it's recommended not to put more than 4 of them in one 1.2amp PSU G6 case. ( I want to put 6 of them)

      But I remember reading ( a manual maybe) that it's possible to have more than one 1.2amp PSU's inside a G6 case.... Is that real?

      Thank you very much in advance.

      Ric
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2011
        > Hi, I want put some yellow tube modules in a G6 case that I have
        > here but as some of you might know they take too much power and
        > it's recommended not to put more than 4 of them in one 1.2amp PSU
        > G6 case. ( I want to put 6 of them)
        >
        > But I remember reading ( a manual maybe) that it's possible to
        > have more than one 1.2amp PSU's inside a G6 case.... Is that real?
        >
        > Thank you very much in advance.
        >
        > Ric

        It's possible to assign a separate PSU to each bus board. But the additional
        installation of a PSU has to be carried out by qualified personnel only.
        Otherwise there is danger to life because even mains connections have to be
        wired.

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 2, 2011
          This saturday I hold an A-100 workshop in Stuttgart/Germany. Details on the
          website of our Stuttgart dealer Stromraum (www)stromraum(de). Everybody is
          invited. Please register at the email address of Stromraum.

        • ricardo
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 4, 2011
            Hi Dieter,
            Thanks for the info.

            So , is it possible to order a G6 case with one 1.2amp PSU for each row?
            I'm in Lima , Peru at the moment and we have no Doepfer distributor here.

            Best

            Ricardo

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 28, 2011
              In addition to the Oktoberfest this saturday an A-100 workshop will happen
              in Munich/Germany:-)

              Details on the website of our Munich dealer Hieber-Lindberg
              (www)hieber-lindberg(de). Everybody is invited. Please register at the email
              address of Hieber-Lindberg.