Re: Metal blank panels

  • jmaddocks1975
    Message 1 of 31 , Sep 4, 2002
      the problem is analogue systems have drilled their holes on the
      modules in a slight different position to doepfer, so you get a gap
      between doepfer and analogue systems modules.

      You can buy the rails from Analogue Solutions (don't know what they
      charge), they have a downloadable file about building cases for
      modular systems.

      John

      --- In Doepfer_a100@y..., "buechlerjoe" <buechlerjoe@t...> wrote:
      > I only have A100 modules, but I was under the impression that the
      > sliding inner rails in the Doepfer mounting rails can easily be
      > adjusted to accomodate the mounting holes in non-Doepfer modules
      > (assuming the entire row is RS Integrator or Concussor modules).
      >
      > It this correct?
      >
      > Joe
      >
      > --- In Doepfer_a100@y..., "Paul Schulz" <dasfonk@w...> wrote:
      > > Hey Flamey/ Zameer,
      > >
      > > the incompatibilities between Doe. and ASys is not about the
      > mounting rails, but the rails you screw your modules into the
      frame.
      > They are not part of the mounting rails and have to be bought
      > separately, by the way. For combining ASys and Doepfer you can cut
      > them into parts, or go the cheaper way: Use nuts which fit the
      module
      > screws and can be put into the mounting rail.
      > >
      > > I´m sorry, but I can´t give any information about the number/
      name
      > of the mounting rails. I checked Conrad´s website (www.conrad.com)
      > today, but their search engine is crap. But (once again... I know,
      > guys), check your favorite store for electronic components. The
      better
      > ones offer those rails and other stuff you can make cases of (like
      > blank faceplates; rails; upper, bottom and side walls).
      > >
      > > Paul

      Doepfer).

      > > Greetings, Zameer..

    • stinchcombe_t
      Message 31 of 31 , Sep 6, 2002
        > the problem is analogue systems have drilled their holes on the
        > modules in a slight different position to doepfer, so you get a gap
        > between doepfer and analogue systems modules.

        2 possible ideas to workaround this (maybe?):
        1) dissamble the case and cut the strip that the modules screw into
        into shorter lengths so that you *can* slide the modules up against
        each other (i.e. adjacent modules are fixed to a different piece of
        threaded track), or
        2) instead of the long rails, slide individual nuts into the track,
        so that you can position the modules anywhere along the length. This
        would make mounting modules pretty fiddly though! The back panel on
        the case is held on in this way, i.e. there are no long strips there,
        just three (or whatever it is) nuts, one for each screw. I'm pretty
        sure the nuts are a standard metric size.

        Tim