AW: [Doepfer_a100] Re: Orange cables

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 9, 2011
      > Well, hello Florian,
      >
      > You can go to the Doepfer homepage, then "Products", then
      > "Accessories", then you scroll down to the cable area and you
      > find out that there is a 50 cm long orange cable with one angled side!!!
      >
      > Did noone knew about it?!?
      >
      > There isnt a picture.
      >
      > Alexandre

      The orange cables were made for the Dark Energy and two of them are included
      with each unit. Our idea was that cables with angled plugs on one side are a
      better solution for the Dark Energy. All jack sockets of the voice board are
      arranged at the bottom front side and standard cables may interfere with the
      access to the controls and switches. Actually there were no plans to offer
      these cables separately but as many customers asked we added them to our
      price list (A-100C50A) and A-100 accessories overview.

    • alexandre_bellenger
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 10, 2011
        Thanks a lot for yr answer Dieter.

        I think its quite practicle in fact yes.

        Best regards,

        Alexandre

        --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com, <yahoo@...> wrote:

        > > Well, hello Florian,
        > >
        > > You can go to the Doepfer homepage, then "Products", then
        > > "Accessories", then you scroll down to the cable area and you
        > > find out that there is a 50 cm long orange cable with one angled side!!!
        > >
        > > Did noone knew about it?!?
        > >
        > > There isnt a picture.
        > >
        > > Alexandre
        >
        > The orange cables were made for the Dark Energy and two of them are included
        > with each unit. Our idea was that cables with angled plugs on one side are a
        > better solution for the Dark Energy. All jack sockets of the voice board are
        > arranged at the bottom front side and standard cables may interfere with the
        > access to the controls and switches. Actually there were no plans to offer
        > these cables separately but as many customers asked we added them to our
        > price list (A-100C50A) and A-100 accessories overview.

      • Ian
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 21 7:06 AM
          --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com, "alexandre_bellenger" <alexandre_bellenger@...> wrote:

          > Hello,
          >
          > I just discovered the existence of the orange cable with one angled side.
          >
          > Maybe I am coming really late on that topic, sorry.
          >
          > How do you use it? Do you find it interesting?
          >
          > best,
          >
          > Alexandre

          hi dieter,
          are there any plans to make these with straight connectors at each end? i'd welcome another colour being available, and happen to like orange. :)

          regards,
          ian c.
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 22 1:39 AM
            > hi dieter,
            > are there any plans to make these with straight connectors at
            > each end? i'd welcome another colour being available, and happen
            > to like orange. :)
            >
            > regards,
            > ian c.

            Sorry - there are no plans for such cables. The main problem is the
            stock-keeping of too many different cable types and the cable orders. We
            have to order a minimum of 5k of each cable type to get the prices.