Re: i may have killed my a-190-2 :(

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 7, 2011
      hello giorgio,

      sadly i don't have an a190-2 and i also don't have the
      service manual for it, so i cannot help.
      the whole doepfer crew is on holidays right now,
      but they should be back next monday.
      i believe that christian assall is the right person
      to talk to in this regard, maybe you should contact
      him directly. his email address is software@...

      best wishes and good luck

      ingo

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 10, 2011
        > just now, the end of a patch cable came into contact with the circuit
        > board of the doepfer 190-2 midi to cv. now the a-190-2 no longer
        > seems to work properly. the gate LED is always on, and the pitch CV
        > doesn't put out anything.
        >
        > there are a couple socketed chips on here, but does anyone know about
        > servicing this module? would it be worth trying to swap out the
        > chips?
        >
        > I'm not sure where the cord touched the pcb.
        >
        > thx
        >
        > giorgio

        From the distance it's difficult to make a diagnosis. Probably the
        microcontroller is defective and has to be replaced (but that's only a
        guess). It is available as a spare part from the representative in your
        country. To be on the safe side I'd recommend to return the module for
        repair as you need a special tool to remove the microcontroller from the
        socket.