Re: [Doepfer_a100] Re: Low Pass Gate

  • David Núñez
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 7, 2010
      So this is basically a low pass VCF and a VCA in one module?

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 7, 2010

        > So this is basically a low pass VCF and a VCA in one module?

        Yes and The Doepfer version has a switch for three functions.
        1: Low Pass Filter
        2: Low Pass Filter and VCA at the same time>>>> The softer the output from
        the VCA is, the more filtered it also sounds.
        3: VCA

      • Giorgio
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 7, 2010
          qmmg has 4, yes, that can each function as vca, low pass filer, vca+LPf aka "both" and a high pass filter. after getting the qmmg i use is in both mode in place of a VCA, and almost never use another filter. I'd like to check out the doepfer LPG at some point

          sent from phone

          On Nov 7, 2010, at 4:53 PM, "deividnb1" <deividnb1@...> wrote:

          > Dear all,
          >
          > Could anyone explain to me what a low pass gate is? I don't quite understand it. I think it's the "gate" that confuses me...
          >
          > Is the MakeNoise QMMG 4 LPGs in one module?
          >
          > Best regards,
          > David

        • dustin sedlacek
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 7, 2010
            most low pass gates have vactrols, they use actual tiny lights or leds
            inside this little black blob they look like this

            http://mnats.net/images/optoisolators.jpg

            these are used to slow down the response of the circuit and it gives the
            circuit a bit more of a natural vibe so instead of the sound dieing quicky
            and giving you a *pop* its going to be more like a *popmm* a bit slow on the
            tail end. this essentially gives it a slight decay envelope that can be
            described as rubbery or woody. about 3 minutes into this video, you get a
            great example of the sound.

            http://vimeo.com/2680645

            On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 5:22 PM, Giorgio <dancemachine@...> wrote:

            > qmmg has 4, yes, that can each function as vca, low pass filer, vca+LPf aka
            > "both" and a high pass filter. after getting the qmmg i use is in both mode
            > in place of a VCA, and almost never use another filter. I'd like to check
            > out the doepfer LPG at some point
            >
            > sent from phone
            >

            > On Nov 7, 2010, at 4:53 PM, "deividnb1" <deividnb1@...<deividnb1%40yahoo.com>>
            > wrote:
            >
            > > Dear all,
            > >
            > > Could anyone explain to me what a low pass gate is? I don't quite
            > understand it. I think it's the "gate" that confuses me...
            > >
            > > Is the MakeNoise QMMG 4 LPGs in one module?
            > >
            > > Best regards,
            > > David

            Dustin Sedlacek
            901-828-6801