RE: [Doepfer_a100] Re: Newby Seeking Chaos

  • david.salter@thomsonreuters.com
    Message 1 of 37 , Jun 3, 2010
      That looks like a nice set-up.

      Question - do you mean Dark Energy or A111-5?

      The dark Energy has a built in midi interface that provides CV & gate
      out for other modules so I don't think the A190-2 is needed.

      David

      * * *
      David Salter
      Senior Consultant

      SSG UKI

      Thomson Reuters

      O +44 (0)20 7542 2402X 52402
      M 07990562402

      david.salter@...
      thomsonreuters.com <http://thomsonreuters.com/>

      Message 37 of 37 , Jun 5, 2010
        Hi,

        I'd like to note that the B:assMaster provides a only a soft
        'overdrive', it is not the mega destroyer.

        Some of the VCAs are capable to be driven to distortion, e.g. the A131.
        For some this is a feature for others a bug. The A132-3 is more clean
        sounding. That's why I have both so I've got more choices. ;)

        The plague bearer really is a beast and cheap and small, too.

        If you want chaos you might as well also check out the Make Noise
        Wogglebug, the Malekko Wiard Noisering, the Doepfer A149-1 and the
        Doepfer A118. I have them all except the Wogglebug (I don't like the
        Make Noise layout for it, although I like the Maths layout).
        You can hear a Noisering as modulator here:
        http://soundcloud.com/changeling/2010-01-23-modular-noiz-part1
        http://soundcloud.com/changeling/2010-01-23-modular-noiz-part2
        It's not a very musical demo because I was just playing around.

        I would also recommend an Attenverting Mixer from Fonitronik.
        It combines a mixer, quad offset generator and a quad polarizer (a
        polarizer includes an attenuator but can also invert the signal). It's a
        bit like an A138c on dope with individual outputs and without the output
        pot (which can be handy at times). ;)
        http://www.fonitronik.com/Page2.html

        Cheers
        Joachim