Re: some new photos added...

  • ethanzer0
    Message 1 of 30 , Jul 31, 2002
      > and why a guy with insanely huge Moog, Roland, and
      > Polyfusion modulars assembles a huge Doepfer as well

      I'll go out on a limb here and
      guess that HZ has the same child-
      like fascination with gear like
      the rest of us.

      Ethan
    • unknown freak
      Message 2 of 30 , Aug 1, 2002
        Of course he does.

        My question is more that given that has 334 modules of Roland and Moog
        -- which I'm assuming is functional -- I suspect he assembled the
        Doepfer for some more specialized purpose, and I wonder what it was.

        It would also be interesting to know if he uses the Doepfer in
        preference to the other modulars.

        --- In Doepfer_a100@y..., "ethanzer0" <ethanzer0@y...> wrote:
        > > and why a guy with insanely huge Moog, Roland, and
        > > Polyfusion modulars assembles a huge Doepfer as well
        >
        > I'll go out on a limb here and
        > guess that HZ has the same child-
        > like fascination with gear like
        > the rest of us.
        >
        > Ethan

        > You may be right, but the gear list is taken from his firm's (Media
        > Ventures) website. The number of modules listed also agrees
        > with the photo by his tech Kevin Lightner's photo on Synthfool.
        >
        > I'd be very curious to know the current size of Zimmer's
        > Doepfer and the module rundown (and why a guy with insanely
        > huge Moog, Roland, and Polyfusion modulars assembles a huge
        > Doepfer as well.)
      • buechlerjoe
        Message 3 of 30 , Aug 1, 2002
          How would we go about getting Zimmer to put in a guest appearance
          in the A100 Group Chat Room?

          There's some other artists who use an A100 who it would fun to hear
          from as well.

          Joe

          (I'll bet bakis could convince Dieter to try and pursuade them.)

          --- In Doepfer_a100@y..., "unknown freak" <ospengler@r...> wrote:
          > Of course he does.
          >
          > My question is more that given that has 334 modules of Roland and
          Moog
          > -- which I'm assuming is functional -- I suspect he assembled the
          > Doepfer for some more specialized purpose, and I wonder what it was.
          >
          > It would also be interesting to know if he uses the Doepfer in
          > preference to the other modulars.
          >

          > --- In Doepfer_a100@y..., "ethanzer0" <ethanzer0@y...> wrote:
          > > > and why a guy with insanely huge Moog, Roland, and
          > > > Polyfusion modulars assembles a huge Doepfer as well
          > >
          > > I'll go out on a limb here and
          > > guess that HZ has the same child-
          > > like fascination with gear like
          > > the rest of us.
          > >
          > > Ethan
          >
          > > You may be right, but the gear list is taken from his firm's
          (Media
          > > Ventures) website. The number of modules listed also agrees
          > > with the photo by his tech Kevin Lightner's photo on Synthfool.
          > >
          > > I'd be very curious to know the current size of Zimmer's
          > > Doepfer and the module rundown (and why a guy with insanely
          > > huge Moog, Roland, and Polyfusion modulars assembles a huge
          > > Doepfer as well.)
        • code_pig
          Message 4 of 30 , Aug 1, 2002
            Believe it or not (and check with Lightener on this one) I helped
            Lightener for a few hours (VERY minor... actually, inconsequential
            bit of work on my part really) on the power rails for Zimmer's Moog
            when it was parked next door to Media Ventures.

            We (Lightener and I) used to "test" the Moog and the Roland for more
            hours than would be considered healthy.

            But that was about 11 years ago, and I guess a lot of things change.
            Christ, I've grown old.

            Regards,
            Kevin