Re: Creating a separate selling list

  • Nick
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 8, 2010
      I would prefer to have them all in one place.
      So long as the replies are made direct to the seller, keep posting the selling pitches here.
      Cheers, Nick

      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 8, 2010
        agree with Nick.

        just send your replies direct to the seller!

        Bakis Sirros - Parallel Worlds / Interconnected / Memory Geist

        [Doepfer_a100] group owner

        www. parallel - worlds - music. com

        www. myspace. com/ parallelworldsmusic

        www. myspace. com/ interconnectedmusic

        www. myspace. com/ memorygeist

        www. DiN. org. uk

        www. musicamaximamagnetica. com

        www. vu-us. com

        www. shimarecords. co. uk

        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 8, 2010
          I already have way too many lists to follow. Why make an extra one?
          It is nice to have all things A100 related in one place.

          On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 6:41 PM, Bakis Sirros <synth_freak_2000@...>wrote:

          > agree with Nick.
          >
          > just send your replies direct to the seller!
          >

          > Bakis Sirros - Parallel Worlds / Interconnected / Memory Geist
          >
          > [Doepfer_a100] group owner
          >
          > www. parallel - worlds - music. com
          >
          > www. myspace. com/ parallelworldsmusic
          >
          > www. myspace. com/ interconnectedmusic
          >
          > www. myspace. com/ memorygeist
          >
          > www. DiN. org. uk
          >
          > www. musicamaximamagnetica. com
          >
          > www. vu-us. com
          >
          > www. shimarecords. co. uk
          >
          > --- On Mon, 2/8/10, Nick <nick_blackburn@...<nick_blackburn%40yahoo.com>>
          > wrote:
          >
          > From: Nick <nick_blackburn@... <nick_blackburn%40yahoo.com>>
          > Subject: [Doepfer_a100] Re: Creating a separate selling list
          >
          > To: Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com <Doepfer_a100%40yahoogroups.com>
          > Date: Monday, February 8, 2010, 7:33 PM
          >

          > I would prefer to have them all in one place.
          >
          > So long as the replies are made direct to the seller, keep posting the
          > selling pitches here.
          >
          > Cheers, Nick
          >
          > --- In Doepfer_a100@ yahoogroups. com, infrequent <infrequent. listener@...> wrote:
          >

          > > Hi,
          >

          > > There are quite a lot of selling posts on the list these days. It's
          >
          > > obviously a good place to sell modules, but I can't help but feel that
          >
          > > an entirely separate list would be better both for the list and buyers
          >
          > > and sellers alike.

        • Robbert Jan Rink
          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 9, 2010
            When I see FS or FT in the title I instantly press delete. It would be nice
            if these posts are on a different site. If I want to buy something I can
            decide to receive those mails. At this moment I'm allmost at the point to
            stop having all the posts mailed to me and effectively stop reading the
            list.

            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 9, 2010
              But then you already have an excellent way of filtering!

              On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 10:27 AM, Robbert Jan Rink <robbertrink@...>wrote:

              > When I see FS or FT in the title I instantly press delete. It would be nice
              > if these posts are on a different site. If I want to buy something I can
              > decide to receive those mails. At this moment I'm allmost at the point to
              > stop having all the posts mailed to me and effectively stop reading the
              > list.
              >

              > On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 11:58 PM, achtung_999 <
              > heinrich.himmelwasser@... <heinrich.himmelwasser%40gmail.com>>
              > wrote:
              >
              > > I already have way too many lists to follow. Why make an extra one?
              > > It is nice to have all things A100 related in one place.
              > >

              > > On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 6:41 PM, Bakis Sirros <synth_freak_2000@...<synth_freak_2000%40yahoo.com>
              > > >wrote:
              > >

              > > > agree with Nick.
              > > >
              > > > just send your replies direct to the seller!
              > > >

              > > > Bakis Sirros - Parallel Worlds / Interconnected / Memory Geist
              > > >
              > > > [Doepfer_a100] group owner
              > > >
              > > > www. parallel - worlds - music. com
              > > >
              > > > www. myspace. com/ parallelworldsmusic
              > > >
              > > > www. myspace. com/ interconnectedmusic
              > > >
              > > > www. myspace. com/ memorygeist
              > > >
              > > > www. DiN. org. uk
              > > >
              > > > www. musicamaximamagnetica. com
              > > >
              > > > www. vu-us. com
              > > >
              > > > www. shimarecords. co. uk
              > > >
              > > > --- On Mon, 2/8/10, Nick <nick_blackburn@...<nick_blackburn%40yahoo.com>
              > <nick_blackburn%
              > > 40yahoo.com>>
              > > > wrote:
              > > >
              > > > From: Nick <nick_blackburn@... <nick_blackburn%40yahoo.com><nick_blackburn%
              > 40yahoo.com>>
              >
              > > > Subject: [Doepfer_a100] Re: Creating a separate selling list
              > > >
              > > > To: Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com <Doepfer_a100%40yahoogroups.com><Doepfer_a100%
              > 40yahoogroups.com>
              >
              > > > Date: Monday, February 8, 2010, 7:33 PM
              > > >

              > > > I would prefer to have them all in one place.
              > > >
              > > > So long as the replies are made direct to the seller, keep posting the
              > > > selling pitches here.
              > > >
              > > > Cheers, Nick
              > > >
              > > > --- In Doepfer_a100@ yahoogroups. com, infrequent <infrequent.
              > listener@...>

              > that

              > buyers

            • phono 1337
              Message 6 of 15 , Feb 10, 2010
                all we need is a policy to name for sale threads the same then we can
                just use filters to move or delete them, not a big deal if everyone
                selling uses the same naming convention

                Paul

                On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 3:19 PM, achtung_999

                Message 7 of 15 , Feb 11, 2010
                  That is indeed what I was hinting at earlier.. Great idea!

                  On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 8:34 AM, phono 1337 <phono1337@...> wrote:

                  > all we need is a policy to name for sale threads the same then we can
                  > just use filters to move or delete them, not a big deal if everyone
                  > selling uses the same naming convention
                  >
                  > Paul
                  >
                  > On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 3:19 PM, achtung_999
                  >
                  > <heinrich.himmelwasser@... <heinrich.himmelwasser%40gmail.com>>
                  > wrote:
                  > > But then you already have an excellent way of filtering!
                  > >

                  > > On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 10:27 AM, Robbert Jan Rink <robbertrink@...<robbertrink%40gmail.com>
                  > >wrote:
                  > >

                  > >> When I see FS or FT in the title I instantly press delete. It would be
                  > nice
                  > >> if these posts are on a different site. If I want to buy something I can
                  > >> decide to receive those mails. At this moment I'm allmost at the point
                  > >> stop having all the posts mailed to me and effectively stop reading the
                  > >> list.
                  > >>

                  > >> On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 11:58 PM, achtung_999 <
                  > >> heinrich.himmelwasser@... <heinrich.himmelwasser%40gmail.com><heinrich.himmelwasser%
                  > 40gmail.com>>

                  > synth_freak_2000@... <synth_freak_2000%40yahoo.com>
                  > <synth_freak_2000%40yahoo.com>

                  > <nick_blackburn%40yahoo.com>
                  > >> <nick_blackburn%

                  > 40yahoo.com><nick_blackburn%
                  >
                  > >> 40yahoo.com>>

                  > 40yahoogroups.com><Doepfer_a100%
                  >
                  > >> 40yahoogroups.com>

                  > the

                  > >> listener@...>

                  > It's

                  > >> that

                  > >> buyers

                • infrequent
                  Message 8 of 15 , Feb 11, 2010
                    Ok, no separate list. The [FS]/[FT] prefix would seem to work best as
                    it's east to filter on. I'd also like to suggest that the subject
                    line have EU or US in it somewhere. I always look at the EU postings
                    but generally ignore the US ones (because of customs and such).

                      Message 10 of 15 , Feb 11, 2010
                        Nice compromise. ;-)

                        Message 11 of 15 , Feb 11, 2010
                          Bakis,

                          when you get time can you make a thread specifying the exact rules for
                          naming and then possibly delete any new thread that doesnt use the rules,
                          perhaps pointing the offender to the rules thread. Eventually then people
                          will get it right and everyone is then happy.

                          Paul

                          Message 12 of 15 , Feb 11, 2010
                            Hi Paul

                            phono 1337 schrieb:
                            > when you get time can you make a thread specifying the exact rules for
                            > naming and then possibly delete any new thread that doesnt use the rules,
                            > perhaps pointing the offender to the rules thread. Eventually then people
                            > will get it right and everyone is then happy.
                            Most people get happy with less rules... ;-/

                            Florian

                            (@Bakis: or we do it the greek way - more rules than any other country
                            in the world, but noone observes them... ;-))
                          • phono 1337
                            Message 13 of 15 , Feb 11, 2010
                              fair points, but at least some guidelines or something would be better
                              for clarification once this thread slips off the radar