AW: [Doepfer_a100] Re: vintage doepfer module

    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 4, 2010
      > ehmm Dieter 'invented' the eurorack standard..

      Not really. The format of the front panels, frames and cases was an industry
      standard a long time ago (e.g. used by Schroff). But in this standard all pc
      boards were 100x160 mm (so-called Euro format) and a very expensive 64 pin
      bus connector and bus board was used (only the bus board was ~ Euro 150). We
      changed to a simpler bus board (the A-100 bus) and replaced the fixed pcb
      format by a free format combined with a flexible ribbon cable for bus
      connection.

    • david.salter@thomsonreuters.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 4, 2010
        I believe the format existed before but Dieter was the first to realise
        it's potential in the modular world.

        * * *
        David Salter
        Senior Consultant
        SSG UKI

        Thomson Reuters

        O +44 (0)20 7542 2402X 52402
        M 07990562402

        david.salter@...
        thomsonreuters.com

        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 4, 2010
          Educational ! ;-)

          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 5, 2010
            >>What system was it built for?
            > As far as I remember it was compatible to the Formant system (DIY synth
            > project by the magazine Elektor).
            Yepp. The Formant used 3HE for LFOs ADSR, Noise, VCA, and other modules
            and 6HE for the VCOs and VCFs (6HE is the double height standard of the
            euro rack system). Dieter also had an envelope follower, which I still
            use today. I also had the triple phaser, but somewhen I started to
            plunder it for ICs I needed for another project.