Re: [Doepfer_a100] Re: Has anyone tried the MFB VD-01

  • phono 1337
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 1, 2010
      thats where i bought mine, however i would recommend spending 5 euros more
      for this one

      http://www.watterott.com/Digital-Storage-Oscilloscope-Kit-with-Panels-all-SMD-are-mounted-DSO-

      since smd is a royal pain

      Paul

      On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 5:47 PM, Nick <nick_blackburn@...> wrote:

      > --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com <Doepfer_a100%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > phono 1337 <phono1337@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > havent tried it either but i just built one of those jyetech dso
      > scopes, not
      > > bad considering it was only 35 euros
      >
      > Thanks for letting me know about the product.
      >
      > Here's the maker - http://jyetech.com/en/default.html
      > <http://jyetech.com/en/default.html>
      >
      > and the German stockist - http://www.watterott.com/index.php?a=960&&
      > <http://www.watterott.com/index.php?a=960&&>
      >
      > Cheers, Nick

    • Richard Scott
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 1, 2010
        just to be clear: so the idea is that the DSO can plug right into the
        VD-01? That would be sweet.

        How easy to build is the SMD mounted kit? Can any idiot who is very bad
        a soldering (i.e. me) do it? Or is it more an intermediate/advanced project?

        Richard

        phono 1337 wrote:
        > thats where i bought mine, however i would recommend spending 5 euros more
        > for this one
        >
        > http://www.watterott.com/Digital-Storage-Oscilloscope-Kit-with-Panels-all-SMD-are-mounted-DSO-
        >
        > since smd is a royal pain
        >
        > Paul
        >
        > On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 5:47 PM, Nick <nick_blackburn@...> wrote:
        >

        >> --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com <Doepfer_a100%40yahoogroups.com>,
        >> phono 1337 <phono1337@...> wrote:
        >>> havent tried it either but i just built one of those jyetech dso
        >> scopes, not
        >>> bad considering it was only 35 euros
        >> Thanks for letting me know about the product.
        >>
        >> Here's the maker - http://jyetech.com/en/default.html
        >> <http://jyetech.com/en/default.html>
        >>
        >> and the German stockist - http://www.watterott.com/index.php?a=960&&
        >> <http://www.watterott.com/index.php?a=960&&>
        >>
        >> Cheers, Nick

      • phono 1337
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 1, 2010
          no, the dso is a scope itself no need for the VD-01 at all

          here's a few pics of mine, first is the scope as it looks after building,
          the last two are after i mounted it into an abs box

          Paul

          http://privat.bahnhof.se/wb447909/phono/scope/17.jpg
          http://privat.bahnhof.se/wb447909/phono/scope/18.jpg
          http://privat.bahnhof.se/wb447909/phono/scope/19.jpg

          On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 5:36 PM, Richard Scott <richard_scott@...>wrote:

          > just to be clear: so the idea is that the DSO can plug right into the
          > VD-01? That would be sweet.
          >
          > How easy to build is the SMD mounted kit? Can any idiot who is very bad
          > a soldering (i.e. me) do it? Or is it more an intermediate/advanced
          > project?
          >
          > Richard
          >

          > phono 1337 wrote:
          > > thats where i bought mine, however i would recommend spending 5 euros
          > more
          > > for this one
          > >

          > http://www.watterott.com/Digital-Storage-Oscilloscope-Kit-with-Panels-all-SMD-are-mounted-DSO-
          > >
          > > since smd is a royal pain
          > >
          > > Paul
          > >
          > > On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 5:47 PM, Nick <nick_blackburn@...<nick_blackburn%40yahoo.com>>
          > wrote:
          > >

          > >> --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com <Doepfer_a100%40yahoogroups.com><Doepfer_a100%
          > 40yahoogroups.com>,

          > >> scopes, not
          > >> Thanks for letting me know about the product.
          > >>
          > >> Here's the maker - http://jyetech.com/en/default.html
          > >> <http://jyetech.com/en/default.html>
          > >>
          > >> and the German stockist - http://www.watterott.com/index.php?a=960&&
          > >> <http://www.watterott.com/index.php?a=960&&>
          > >>
          > >> Cheers, Nick

          > --

        • phono 1337
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 1, 2010
            oh and as for building the kit, its not that hard, its fidly since its all
            micro, but if you buy the pre mounted smd kit and have a fine soldering iron
            and a steady hand its not that bad at all, see pics 01.jpg and onwards for
            pics from my build ;)

            Paul

            On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 6:06 PM, phono 1337 <phono1337@...> wrote:

            > no, the dso is a scope itself no need for the VD-01 at all
            >
            > here's a few pics of mine, first is the scope as it looks after building,
            > the last two are after i mounted it into an abs box
            >
            > Paul
            >
            > http://privat.bahnhof.se/wb447909/phono/scope/17.jpg
            > http://privat.bahnhof.se/wb447909/phono/scope/18.jpg
            > http://privat.bahnhof.se/wb447909/phono/scope/19.jpg
            >

            > On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 5:36 PM, Richard Scott <richard_scott@...>wrote:
            >

            >> just to be clear: so the idea is that the DSO can plug right into the
            >> VD-01? That would be sweet.
            >>
            >> How easy to build is the SMD mounted kit? Can any idiot who is very bad
            >> a soldering (i.e. me) do it? Or is it more an intermediate/advanced
            >> project?
            >>
            >> Richard
            >>

            >> phono 1337 wrote:
            >> > thats where i bought mine, however i would recommend spending 5 euros
            >> more
            >> > for this one
            >> >

            >> http://www.watterott.com/Digital-Storage-Oscilloscope-Kit-with-Panels-all-SMD-are-mounted-DSO-
            >> >
            >> > since smd is a royal pain
            >> >
            >> > Paul

            >> 40yahoogroups.com>,

            >> --
            >> I am using the free version of SPAMfighter.
            >> We are a community of 6 million users fighting spam.
            >> Get the free SPAMfighter here: http://www.spamfighter.com/len
            >>
            >> The Professional version does not have this message

          • charles kerr
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 1, 2010
              I have decided to get rid of some unused Doepfer
              modules, as I am moving to a banana system/modding modules to banana jacks. I am based in East London
              (UK) so local pickup is a possibility. You pay shipping etc...

              All modules are in good condition, ask if you want different knobs
              than the grey Doepfer - I have lots of these in various colours which I
              can add:

              http://www.rapidonline.com/Tools-Fasteners-Production-Equipment/Fasten ers-Fixings/Knobs/15mm-Three-colour-mixer-knobs/64709

              All prices are GBP

              I may be interested in trades (A-156 would be nice!)

              Paypal payment, or otherwise if you're UK based.

              Prices are fairly flexible, please ask.

              All modules come with ribbon cables and screws.

              Audio Divider A-115 = £33

              High-End VCO A-111 = £147

              Harvestman Malgorithm = £155

              MFB VD-01 = £98

              Cheers,

              Charlie

            • Richard Scott
              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 2, 2010
                thanks for the info. And your build documentation is nice to see. One
                last question: did your DSO need programming for modular use, or is the
                programming facility for more esoteric purposes?

                Richard

                Message 7 of 16 , Jan 2, 2010
                  Has anyone found a source for assembled DSO? (europe preferably)

                  i was looking and found this alternative, which also looks very interesting

                  http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/index.php?main_page=shopping_cart

                  i hope this isn't all too off topic, but I'm guessing a lot of people
                  will be interested.

                  Richard

                  Message 8 of 16 , Jan 2, 2010
                    no, it was good to go right away, the programming is for firmware updates.
                    One thing i woudl say about the scope is that since its lcd its not got the
                    refresh rate of a crt scope, i guess thats obvious but its always worth a
                    mention ;-)

                    I added a mini jack to mine so that i could plug it into a multiple on my
                    modular and read waveforms there, but you could go the whole hog and make a
                    panel, here's a link to a guy who did exactly that

                    http://modularsynthesis.com/modules/DJB-019/djb019.htm

                    there's also a video there of it in action

                    Paul