Re: [Doepfer_a100] Re: latest info from Doepfer...

    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 4, 2009
      the mini-schaltwerk A100 module is on the way.... it will be awesome.

      the Dark Time stand-alone sequencer is different and has nothing to do with the schaltwerk. it is similar to a155.

      Bakis Sirros - Parallel Worlds / Interconnected / Memory Geist

      [Doepfer_a100] group owner

      www. parallel - worlds - music. com

      www. myspace. com/ parallelworldsmusic

      www. myspace. com/ interconnectedmusic

      www. myspace. com/ memorygeist

      www. DiN. org. uk

      www. musicamaximamagnetica. com

      www. shimarecords. co. uk

      www. rubberrecords. gr

      Athens - Greece

      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 16, 2009
        I'm very excited about that "Mini Schaltwerk" module !
        But is it going to have trigger output as well as gate, for triggering drum modules ? I'd LOVE that.
        Also, is it going to be an 8 track sequencer like the Schaltwerk ?

        Thomas

        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 16, 2009
          > I'm very excited about that "Mini Schaltwerk" module !
          > But is it going to have trigger output as well as gate, for
          > triggering drum modules ? I'd LOVE that.
          > Also, is it going to be an 8 track sequencer like the Schaltwerk ?
          >
          > Thomas

          For the A-1?? Trigger Sequencer only trigger outputs are planned. The
          trigger length is defined by the pulsewidth of the clock signal that
          controls the unit (same as for the A-155 trigger rows).

          The unit will be different from the Schaltwerk as it has no Midi and not the
          additional functions of Schaltwerk that were programmed by means of the
          display, encoder and additional menu buttons. It will output only triggers,
          no CVs like an analog sequencer. Only the step programming with LED+button
          is the same as for Schaltwerk (but much smaller).

          I hope we will finish the 8x16 step version for NAMM. But I cannot guarantee
          that (as well the appearance of a third prototype of the TKB with new
          working principle and 16 normal pads, i.e. no musical keyboard layout).

        • david.salter@thomsonreuters.com
          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 16, 2009
            Dieter,

            I'm very happy you have pads and not keys on the TKB design, I hope you
            get it to NAMM so everyone gets to see it.

            David

            * * *
            David Salter
            Senior Consultant
            SSG UKI

            Thomson Reuters

            O +44 (0)20 7542 2402X 52402
            M 07990562402

            david.salter@...
            thomsonreuters.com <http://thomsonreuters.com/>

            > I'm very excited about that "Mini Schaltwerk" module !
            > But is it going to have trigger output as well as gate, for
            > triggering drum modules ? I'd LOVE that.
            > Also, is it going to be an 8 track sequencer like the Schaltwerk ?
            >
            > Thomas

            For the A-1?? Trigger Sequencer only trigger outputs are planned. The
            trigger length is defined by the pulsewidth of the clock signal that
            controls the unit (same as for the A-155 trigger rows).

            The unit will be different from the Schaltwerk as it has no Midi and not
            the
            additional functions of Schaltwerk that were programmed by means of the
            display, encoder and additional menu buttons. It will output only
            triggers,
            no CVs like an analog sequencer. Only the step programming with
            LED+button
            is the same as for Schaltwerk (but much smaller).

            I hope we will finish the 8x16 step version for NAMM. But I cannot
            guarantee
            that (as well the appearance of a third prototype of the TKB with new
            working principle and 16 normal pads, i.e. no musical keyboard layout).

          • thomas_escure
            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 16, 2009
              Thank you Dieter for your answer,

              I really think I'm gonna love that new sequencer ; it seems it's gonna have exactly what I need !
              I don't need MIDI or CV, I don't need the additionnal fonctions... Only 8x 16 steps trigger tracks.
              Wonderful !

              If it's ready in summer, very good. If we have to wait a few months more, no problem.

              Thank you for your great work.

              Regards,

              Thomas